• Last Reply

Bill Gross's recommendations for the foreseeable future:

) Commodities and tangible assets

2) Foreign currencies

3) Real estate

4) TIPS

5) Global bonds and equities denominated in non-dollar currencies

http://www.pimco.com/LeftNav/Late+Breaking...03/io_dec03.htm

This from a guy who manages the largest generic bond fund in the world.

Personally I don't see that any of the reasons for holding gold have changed one little bit. I admit I lightened up a bit on Monday, but I'm sure not going to be out, pretty much no matter what. It is an insurance policy.

Lib

I agree, nothing has changed for gold.

Maybe they'll knock the shares some more today/this week/this month but for everyone trying to 'trade' what they believe in (gold) what makes you think you've got the skill and/or luck to get it right? And if you get it wrong then you'll make peanuts compared to the potential gains.

But there's also a sting in the tail even if you have traded this move well. You sold out on or around the high and then say bought back in at a good price. What does that do to your subconscious? It not only makes you feel great but can give you the very dangerous assumption that you're the man, and can trade these things in and out. Maybe, but if you're not that confident of your ability (in the short term, as most including myself know we're not) then you'll be in all sorts of trouble the time you'll get it wrong, and sell high to re-enter if at all even higher.

I said it yesterday, as long as I keep seeing charts like TASR and the rest of the screamers go from sub 5 to 100 then I say why not some of the mining companies? And who ultimately were the smart guys in TASR? I'll bet it was the ones that bought and held, not the ones that bought, sold, bought, sold, bought, sold, and then didn't buy again at $20 because it was too over-extended.

In my experience it pays in this game not to try and get too clever.

End rant :grin:

opinions are fine we all them and we all have a right to have one. But facts are just a little different, someone on M2m needs a fact checker. Fine, bash the bears, hell that is what the crowd always does, but when talking facts please try to illuminate some level of veracity. End of rant.

Anyone else catch the Canucky Buck Express..what a move. :grin:

yes, it was the fifth try to break the downtrendline, now there is nothing between here at that other downtrendlien which is currently at 1.3390, so if you not only in for a quickie then you hold at least until that line is hit AND it will be hit, DEFINITELY.

Archived