B4 The Bell Tuezelday Sptember 28

thesun

Breaking news FNM

Any restatement of earnings will come from SEC

"cause we dont have a clue"

Who would buy that POS of such news?

That is code for:

"The SEC has told us to keep our mouths shut while Greenspan works on a fix...and if there is ever any way to spin a positive yarn about this debacle, the SEC will be the ones doing the lying in order to keep our sorry asses out of Federal Prison and to prevent the collapse of the global economy."

They Report...We Interpret...

Next Question?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snap-On Sees Profit Below Estimates

Tuesday September 28, 9:28 am ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Snap-on Inc. (NYSE:SNA - News), which makes vehicle-repair tools, on Tuesday said third-quarter and full-year earnings would fall short of Wall Street estimates due to high steel prices and weak business in Europe.

The Kenosha, Wisconsin-based company estimated profit of 37 cents to 40 cents per share for the third quarter, below the average outlook of 47 cents from anal cysts polled by Reuters Estimates.

For the year, Snap-on forecast earnings of $1.35 to $1.45 a share. anal cysts on average expect $1.74, according to Reuters Estimates.

This was the second time in less than two months that the company lowered its outlook for the year.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040928/manufacturi..._outlook_1.html

Snap-On Tools?

Martina Navratalova always had difficulties - even at the height of her career, getting corporate endoresment contracts, given her personal preferences. My contention has always been that Snap-On Tools would be a match made in heaven for a spokesperson/endorsement contract for her.

I wonder how that woulld impact earnings?

Breaking news FNM

Any restatement of earnings will come from SEC

"cause we dont have a clue"

Who would buy that POS of such news?

That is code for:

"The SEC has told us to keep our mouths shut while Greenspan works on a fix...and if there is ever any way to spin a positive yarn about this debacle, the SEC will be the ones doing the lying in order to keep our sorry asses out of Federal Prison and to prevent the collapse of the global economy."

They Report...We Interpret...

Next Question?

Plunger;

I just want to say I'm in awe at how right you likely are about this matter.

Latest Reuters report quotes FNM COO as declaring that question of whether FNM must restate earnings or financial position will be left to the SEC.

The report does not say that any such recalculation will be performed by SEC.

I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about federal regulatory arcana to know where OFHEO's authority, as to ordering correction of misleading income statements, ends and SEC's begins.

Latest Reuters report quotes FNM COO as declaring that question of whether FNM must restate earnings or financial position will be left to the SEC.

The report does not say that any such recalculation will be performed by SEC.

I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about federal regulatory arcana to know where OFHEO's authority, as to ordering correction of misleading income statements, ends and SEC's begins.

Suffice it so say that this matter is entirely in the hands of the PPT at this point - and no set of existing rules will stand in the way of the manipulations they are plotting. Whatever you hear about FNM from this day forward, it is a lie.

Archived