IDS World Markets Wed 18th March 09

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think that 1.33 and above is possible with ES sell off? I dont think so. IF (and that is a BIG IF) we cross 1.33 I will e being longs with all my hands:)

If we start droping on EURUSD I will add a massive short position. I believe that EURUSD is a key to the sell off

What do you think?? K Wave FxFOX?

hard to say, but i wouldnt read to much into it. Sometimes there is a correlation, sometimes not. There are FAR more people out there who burnt their fingers with intermarket analysis then people who actually made money with it.

We are traders, we have to be right RIGHT NOW, not in 6 months.

Thats the big difference between us and the Quacksalver of Oh!Mama and Jimbo Rogers.

Company unraveling. Everyone hates them. Everyone shorting them. So many people on the short side of the boat that the Pig Men could not resist the opportunity to do a massive short squeeze.

Monday night, Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart's friend at Comedy Central, literally had a pitchfork out saying he was going after the executives getting bonuses from taxpayers after they bankrupted their company, and it's all gone downhill from there.

Given the downturns from multiple negative divergences on 3 and 5 day cycle indicators, I'd be surprised if the market doesn't do a major tankola today. These are classic setups. THe only thing that gives me pause is that it's FOMC circus day, and subject to big noise distortion.

RE: AIG

I know the company's insurance business quite well, and THAT business is a MONSTER -- (hugely profitable business)......so I can see why folks would assign a good value to that....but I just can't figure out the valuation.....ARGH

Is the insurance business minus the repay of the govi loan worth $2 a share, $3,,,,,$5????

I JUST DON'T KNOW !!!!

Damn it !!!!!

See folks, thats why your very own Fritz F. Foxenheimer refuses to play individual stocks and plays only indeces:

Sun Micro daily log

MONSTER gap up over EVERY res

post-510-1237386161_thumb.png

on the lin chart one could at least argue that the downtrend was broken quite some time ago, but most guys wouldnt use lin chart on this stock since it did fall so much

post-510-1237386273_thumb.png

Makes a lot of sense not to play individual stocks. I notice the Americanbulls.com candlestick charting T/A site got a "Buy If" signal on JAVA last night. So they told people to cover their short positions today, but only if JAVA rises steadily today. I'm sure this advice was a lot of help for traders who were chort it due to its previous candlestick pattern, LOL.

-----------------------------------

Re: AIG again. There would have to be a lot more transparency than there is, I think, for anyone to figure out whether their bad debts from highly leveraged mortgage-related derivatives trades, outweigh their demonstrably monstrously profitable insurance business.

Regarding short interest stats, I think they're delayed by a week, so I don't know if they would help, as the pitchforks just came out in the last week.

RE: AIG

I know the company's insurance business quite well, and THAT business is a MONSTER -- (hugely profitable business)......so I can see why folks would assign a good value to that....but I just can't figure out the valuation.....ARGH

Is the insurance business minus the repay of the govi loan worth $2 a share, $3,,,,,$5????

I JUST DON'T KNOW !!!!

Damn it !!!!!

How much were they worth during a recession before they wrote any bond insurance (which should be forbidden by law for this type of company to start with...) ?

Archived