Greetings From Citicorpse . . .

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone bullish and fully loaded on the long side, while we witness the biggewst rout in the bond mkt of the last 10 years. No clue what will happen, but man o man if there ever was a time for multiple lock limit down moves, it is now. So many long, so many bullish. For the life of me I never understood why so many become so insanely bullish AFter a big run to the upside. rear view mirror anyone?

not that it matters, but this looks to me like pure indiscriminate buying. Rich's gruff-o-meter chart says it all. This is the kind of buying that happens when it doesn't matter what the price paid is. I think there are some blown out hedge funds settling books, and therefore covering shorts. Who knows how long it could go on, maybe weeks, but don't confuse this action with "someone thinks there's value in the market". JMHO. Back to snooze.

BTW This friday ends 13 fib calendar months since the July 24th, 2002 lows, to the day. Time for trend change?

everyone bullish and fully loaded on the long side, while we witness the biggewst rout in the bond mkt of the last 10 years. No clue what will happen, but man o man if there ever was a time for multiple lock limit down moves, it is now. So many long, so many bullish. For the life of me I never understood why so many become so insanely bullish AFter a big run to the upside. rear view mirror anyone?

A nice Circuit Breaker will do, DaBoz will press it hard

post-3-1061238181_thumb.jpg

Treasury's Snow to visit Asia next month by Jeffry Bartash at MarketProp

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow will travel to Asia to meet with his counterparts from Japan, China and Thailand on Sept. 1-5. Snow plans to "encourage countries to take strong measures to increase global economic growth," the Treasury Department said Monday. Snow will conclude the trip in Phuket, Thailand, where finance ministers of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum will gather.

---------------------

Translation: don't even think of cutting back on your purchase of US debt or dropping the USD as the world fiat currency.

Archived