ALL IS WELL

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Icky Twerp

My HR REp was told by Fido that the only way to extract 401k holdings was to terminate from the company... was that not correct? Because I would have done just that very thing a year ago.

Sold ARBA at open, small loss. The rumor my source told me turned out to be BOBJ buying Crystal Decisions, so ARBA not likely to announce any M&A news tomorrow...oh well

Guest The CoinGuy
If I had a 401K with such limited options I would cash it out, pay the tax, and pay off debt or buy gold and silver bullion.

ditto...

After looking at the options offered by one of my sister's plans, I couldn't believe how bad the options were. Even the safe fund looked like some kind of Money Market with foreign bank holdings...We opened her a Roth instead, she already holds physical metals as a base.

TCG

Guest Icky Twerp

My respect for Yosh is considerable, but I don't think I will follow his advice to change jobs solely to redeem my 401K...I expect to be "put out" in 7 - 11 months, anyway, so to speak.

Of course it depends on what kind of a job you have and how much money you have in your 401K. (Child support payments are a factor too.) Take a fellow who is a machinist by trade, it won't matter too much to hiim if he works in one shop or another so long as the pay and bennies are the same. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Guest libertas
Oil service and defense stocks doing well today.

Buy the next pullback.

Be real careful. Interest rates kill markets. This one is in the process of being shot. Blindfold is on, rifles are being loaded.

Archived