B4 The Bell Frieday September 24

Hiding Bear

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometime ago you mentioned that US citizens could have dual currency accounts at US branches of Royal Bank of Canada. or have access at least. But the bank says that privilege applies only to Canadian citizens. ergo all monies in a US branch must be held in US$. may be a US banking regulation. So I am holding Canadian at TD Waterhouse Canada, which seems to be legal.

Butterfield- Good to see you back-still chuckling over TE's "doing each others laundry" comment-that wouldn't be a pretty sight. Sounds like all in Florida made it thru in one piece, hopefully that's the last one.? Field Marshal Rumsfelds comments are quite a tell on what is going on over there especially the "it may never be peaeful in Iraq" line.? What a flippant Jerk and what a mess he has been the architect of-Huh! ;)

im not defending rummy, but has it ever really been peaceful in Iraq?

yes, well before the white man came!! no need to justify today's killing because of the past anyway. ;)

'Mogambo Guru' says country should return to using silver, gold

COEUR d'ALENE -- You might as well spend all your money now. Better yet, borrow as much as you can and spend it fast, because it will soon be worthless. Or still better, invest in silver or gold, which will always be precious.

Richard Daughty, also known as the "Mogambo Guru," was the keynote speaker Friday at the Silver Summit at the Coeur d'Alene Inn and made that prediction. He thinks Alan Greenspan is out of his mind.

"They ought to put a retarded chicken in charge of the Fed," he told more than 200 mining company executives and investors. "Create money. Create money. A retarded chicken could do that."

My understanding is that one must provide either proof of residence in Canada for six months out of the year or ownership of property - which would obligate one to pay Canadian taxes on it - in order to open an account in Canada. I suspect that many of these regulations have tightened up in recent years. - post 911 and post dollar peak.

Apparently the issue of handing out IMF-SDR fiat money was discussed in the UN by Kofi Annan last week, but it looks like instead of going to all countries it would just go to the poorer countries:

The UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs prepared a study drawing from the analysis by the economic experts after an earlier General Assembly resolution called for an examination of new funding sources.

The seven sources of funding include the levying of global environmental taxes, such as a carbon-use tax; the creation of a global lottery and/or global premium bonds; and the establishment of a tax on currency flows to discourage excessive currency speculation.

The other sources are: encouraging greater private donations for development by businesses and individuals; making it easier for migrants to send home money; creating new "Special Drawing Rights," which allow nations to fund development; and making available an international finance facility that would allow long-term funding from donor countries to the world's poorest nations.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?News...&Cr=hunger&Cr1=

Silver slam time

Dec.'04 SILVER, COMEX

6.405 -0.065

Dec.'04 US DOLLAR INDEX

88.35 -0.27

Negative candles in some miners I trade yesterday. Need Gold to hold 405 and Silver 6.25. Great uranium plays. Congrats.

Crossroads again.. US Peso looking real bad. Copper miners breaking out but Precious Metals not that strong.. wtf?

Denison up(again) 5.5% this morning.

Strathmore(STM.v) is still my favorite. Look at that base on the weekly chart. 3$ is 23.6 retracement.

Orvack you're not tempted to dump this here? I'm getting vertigo just watching this.

I'm thinking hard..

- Around 10$ is 75 Retracement.

- Daily and Weekly Cycles topping

BUT

- Uranium Prices about to cross 20 and Dines talks about 100 possible.

- Crude over 50 would get some attention

I have no clue. I like this weekly chart. Maybe sell here and wait to see if 9 hold or 10.5 gives..

Usually, you get 3 phases in a mania. Maybe the 2nd one is over. Don't know.

thinking the same tonight-can it break and hold $50..?

okay. I'll go for it. next trip north.

Butterfield8, can't you first call the Canadian Bank and find out their rules?

I live across the river from Windsor but going thru all that mess at the border

deters me from making a trip without being sure I conduct the business once

I get there.

Also, I was wondering if US citizens can open accounts with Schwab Canada?

Or would that not be helpful?

All this international money moving is confusing to me so I appreciate all the

discussions here on the matter.

Thanks

I would count TD Waterhouse as safer than Schwab. You can open an account here but have it transferred to the Canadian desk. I opened it to buy Canadian bonds. Brian might be more familiar with the financials of both companies than I am.. If you are on the border and can daytrip it, sounds like the easiest route.

What's wrong with buying Norweigan Bonds denominated in Kroner ??These blonde headed arabs have more oil per capita than Jiffy Lube

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: You always were pretty slick

Archived