B4 The Bell Humpday March 31,2004

Guest yobob1

Guest yobob1

Wonder of wonders the futures have recovered quite nicely.

nasdaq.png

globex.png

It isn't so much a case of the dollar falling as it is a case of the Yen rising. Let's see how long Fukumi is willing to let that go. Watch the Japanese export stocks for direction. On a basket price case the dollar is fluctuating within what now must be considered a normal daily range.

intraday.gif?s=NYBOT_DXY0&t=f&w=15&a=2&v=w

Kitco's charts aren't running right. Might be because silver has blown off the top of the chart. :lol: Sitting at $7.87 as of 7 am NY time. Gold nudging up to $426

RE last nights discussion of productivity, GDP and flation. The one thing nobody mentioned last night was the role hedonics have played in all of this. Hedonics has wildly skewed both GDP and productivity numbers. Add in the simple fact that the US GDP number is total sham as it includes government. GDP = Gross Domestic Product. And government produces............anybody? That's right nothing. In fact quite the opposite; it drains the resources that might have been used to produce something. You would have the same effect if you simply flushed the money down the toilet. Factor in the red tape government adds and it is easy to argue that government is worse than a simple siphon, it is a high powered trubine pump sucking the lifeblood out of the economy.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1

Short of words? Me?? No I was busy filling in the morning rant when my connection went down when I went to post and I therefore lost everything, so now I'm rebuilding. Just part of that productivity miracle. Do everything twice and twice as fast. :lol:

Gold and crude oil are raging higher today. It's only three dollars to Gold Liberation Day.

Just saw a video clip on CNN. A car full of foreigners was firebombed in Falujah, Iraq. The locals continued throwing stones at the burning vehicle, while jumping up and down celebrating. Later they reportedly pulled the burnt bodies from the car and hung them from a bridge 'like slaughtered sheep.'

No commentary necessary. The situation speaks for itself.

One senses that today is a very important day for the markets. Multiple chrts/sectors at breakout points. Gold and silver continue up against currency basket, not just USD. Euro rates, OPEC on the radar screen today. Buck continues to fall. More violence in Iraq. Japan closing out its fiscal year.

The equities/USD trade isn't the same as it was a month ago. A serious reversal on the SPX could be in the cards after the open. A lot of angst hiding in the low VIX, IMHO.

A better day for Bare's HAYWIRE scenario would be hard to come by.

And tomorrow's April Fools Day.

post-20-1080736188_thumb.jpg

Sayanora, US dollar.

The MOF ends the manic month and quarter of heavy forex interevnetion. It is unlikely to continue at such a rapid pace anytime soon. Just released:

Total amount of foreign exchange intervention operations for the period from February 26, 2004 through March 29, 2004: ? 4,702.6 billion

http://www.mof.go.jp/english/feio/monthly/040331.htm

This brings total first quarter intervention up to about ? 15 trillion, or almost $150 billion US.

The last month was not financed by new fiat money, like the first two months were.

The MOF caused about 8 to 10 ? trillion in fiat money to be issued over and above what the BOJ issued in the first quarter. More details to come when the BOJ reports.

The MOF has now left the scene and opened a giant trap door under the US Treasury market. LOB.

Guest yobob1
Gold and crude oil are raging higher today. It's only three dollars to Gold Liberation Day.

Just saw a video clip on CNN. A car full of foreigners was firebombed in Falujah, Iraq. The locals continued throwing stones at the burning vehicle, while jumping up and down celebrating. Later they reportedly pulled the burnt bodies from the car and hung them from a bridge 'like slaughtered sheep.'

No commentary necessary. The situation speaks for itself.

5 of the freshly arrived Marines were also shot there today. So much for the velvet glove policy they were going for.

Guest yobob1

Would one of you kind souls do me a favor. I jsut got my website back up and running after my hosting service failed. I need someone to check my e-mail from outside my system. If one of you would please send me a "test" e-mail at [email protected] so I can see if it's working properly. Tanks in advance.

WOOOOOOOOZAAAAAAAA

Woke up this am to see a major boner forming on WHT ....merging with I am gold....for a 20% premium over the last 5 days average price.....HOPE ALL YA WERE LONG....

TRADE SAFE

My wife says we own to many gold stocks :D

Will tell her that I will get rid of one :P

We have had a nice week so far in gold.

GFI, WHT, IAG

Archived