World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vengeful vertigo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rate at which the market has been declining for the past few weeks is crashworthy. Once the total loss is beyond 10%, I say if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck. 

But what happens in Asia and Yourup doesn't count. 

The rate at which the market has been declining for the past few weeks is crash worthy. Once the total loss is beyond 10%, I say if it quacks like avoul duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck. 

Now Chinese and Japanese trade SP500, mainly because they think the US authorities are more trust worthy than their own, little do they know the out of hours exchanges don't have to abide by anything other than their  own terms and conditions.

But it is no different than other forms of Globalization where the price of a mango in Africa is dictated by how much a consumer in the Paris or Brussels will pay.

So unless the FED keeps ahead of the ECB, BJ and China in printing $ the out of hours volume could end up determining the domestic price of US equities.

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

A big sell off in Asia so All Ords joined the party closing -1.2%.  I've been expecting a dead cat bounce but seems like it's still a way off.  About one third of sectors declined abruptly: Energy -3.9%, Miners -2.7% and Financials/Materials -2.4%.  Consumer Staples was the main gainer, +0.8%.

Over in Asia, China -1%, Hong Kong -3.8%, India -2.2% and Japan -3.7%.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

The rate at which the market has been declining for the past few weeks is crashworthy. Once the total loss is beyond 10%, I say if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck. 

I think Asia is in the driver's seat right now.

LATEST PRO TRADER REPORTS MARKET UPDATE PROMARKET UPDATE PRO DAILY Cycle Screening Measures Say This Could Be Black Wednesday by Lee Adler •  January 20, 2016

Cycle screening measures strengthened slightly on Tuesday. But the numbers remain mostly at very weak levels, and the recovery in short term new signal measures is equally ominous given that prices have not been recovering.

Now Chinese and Japanese trade SP500, mainly because they think the US authorities are more trust worthy than their own, little do they know the out of hours exchanges don't have to abide by anything other than their  own terms and conditions.

But it is no different than other forms of Globalization where the price of a mango in Africa is dictated by how much a consumer in the Paris or Brussels will pay.

So unless the FED keeps ahead of the ECB, BJ and China in printing $ the out of hours volume could end up determining the domestic price of US equities.

That's a good theory, I would add that lack of liquidity problems are geometrically amplified by volatility.

Archived