The Old Gunfighter

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fedheads Poole and Moskow are out bullhorning "low rates indefinitely" again.

That they would do this, on the day after gold and the CRB hit 7-year highs, makes you wonder if they have a "dollar death wish."

Devaluation is another means of easing policy. Poole and Moskow are like two little boys on bicycles, playing chicken with an oncoming Mack truck.

* leaves to find spatula to scrape them off the road *

What the fark are these guys smoking?

So much of what we import is essential (oil and other raw goods) that this plan to burn the dolor seems a tad risky to me. It could be that rather than boosting exports and lessening our debt obligations it could lead to a massive interest rate spike and raging inflation.

Burn baby, burn!

Could it be the the Fed actually has 'no working models' and these guys are just regular idiots flying by the seats of their pants?

Yep.

Just my take.

Gold and silver shorts are going to be sweating bullets. Could be one hell of a battle brewing unless they just cut and run. B)

The intraday chart of the HUI looks exactly like the Nasdaq off the October lows of 2002, and the March lows of 2003.

Anybody attempting to short the HUI from here is going to get pasted.

"Labor" has that slightly Marxist ring to it.

"Workforce Security" defines it from the standpoint of the capitalist management team.

You're right, of course. But the irony of it, as The Brown One points out, is the Orwellian ring.

Aren't "Capitalist Management" and "Orwellian" diametrically opposed ideologies?

Anyway, I have a personal thing against organizations that spend resources renaming themselves. I just don't see the point. Like MO becoming Altria, for example. Are their cigarettes any less toxic now? Does the name change bring in extra profits?

Some geek on Crapview touting retailers.

He says "the consumer needs to come back" for Christmas.

WHHHAAATTTT???

The consumer has been on the greatest spending binge of all time. Come back from what??? Record borrowing? Out of control refinancing?

I thought the deal was that the in 2000 the corporate stallions needed a rest from pulling the wagon .

At which time the consumer was lured out of the wagon and enticed into putting on the yoke and pulling the wagon through the muck and mire while the horses got some rest.

Now the bosses think the horses need more time at the spa and the surfs should keep pulling :lol:

It is deathly quiet over on Bullstool.com this morning.

not much new under the sun there doc... it's still al B U L L I S H !

gaming the squeezably soft double ply's not for this goldbull.

Yesterday's coupon pass was a non-event. First of all, it was all extremely short maturities. Second, the Treasury is raisng gazillions in new cash this week. The size of the coupon pass is miniscule relative to the giant sucking sound coming from eh US Treasury. The Fed better pump faster, a lot faster, or this is one dead duck.

Yesterday's Fed Feed Report How can you expect to know how things will come out if you don't know your Feed? It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download your Feed report and analysis RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Yesterday's coupon pass was a non-event. ?First of all, it was all extremely short maturities. Second, the Treasury is raisng gazillions in new cash this week. ?The size of the coupon pass is miniscule relative to the giant sucking sound coming from eh US Treasury. ?The Fed better pump faster, a lot faster, or this is one dead duck.

Yesterday's Fed Feed Report How can you expect to know how things will come out if you don't know your Feed? It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download your Feed report and analysis RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

uncle buck will swan dive when they begin to "monetize" those "auctions".

one sure-fire way to "fund" them would be the crapital flight out of equities.

a sudden, daft... bumper car race the bongs.

my bet.

Archived