More Robot Volatility

i have a friend & business contact who also happens to be an energetic powerhouse and a psychic. from time to time she'll pass along snippets of information she 'gets' that might be helpful. two hours ago she sent an email out of the blue mentioning mining and insurance - "if you know what to do with that".

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still grinning, still short no change-like my two amigos End and Driver. Rub a Dub nice summation you're bang on! Someone posted about selling-au contrair mes amis-selling is happening big time no one bothers to look. Up volume on the Dow 386 M-down volume 962.34-Comp-up volume 359M down volume 615.22 M.. Now thats roughly 3 to one on the Dow and close to double on the dead Zone Nazquack so the point of recognition is happening. All that needs to be said is they have NO BUYERS. I said six months on the board Ford would be gone soon-look where it closed today,AMR is going to chapter 11 soon, this week Mohawk, Sherwin Williams and Maytag warned-so floorcoverings,paint and appliances are telling us the housing bubble is broken. Now- I think those expecting a war rally are going to be disappointed my view is the markets will tank when the first shot is fired. New stop tonite 821-Trade Safe!

The world feels like it's going to shake apart. Underwater for the first time in months on my long tem miners. Lightly in the green on my index shorts. Still amazed by the drip drip without any kind of meaningful plunge. The Feb lows were hit in the blink of an eye, by comparison. What heartens me is that today's festivities were led by Shittycorpse and JaPalM.

I'm going to drink some tea and take a bath.

Anybody notice that the dow closed below the july low today?

still short.

Yes ... looks like it didn't quite break the July intraday low yet.

I just counted the bars between the July '02, Oct '02 and tonight's lows. Now I may be off by one or two (presbyopia is the technical term for it), but it looks like 51 bars from the July '02 to Oct '02 low, and 102 bars to ... TONIGHT. Perfect 2:1 ratio.

It is a low-probability outcome, but if the forensic bounce foreseen by buddha starts tomorrow, you could the view the DJIA pattern as an upside-down head-and-shoulders. (Oct '02 being the head.) And there is some time proportionality in the 2:1 ratio, although the deformity of unequal shoulders isn't going to win any beauty contests. But the whole decline since March 2000 is an ugly mess; no classic patterns there.

The US is considered to be the only superpower in the world. What suprising is that pets living in the US seems to be smarter than the pets living elsewhere. The proof is that the US pets apparently sense the geopolitical uncertainties in Middle East. As a result, they now eat less. Do not ever think this is bullsh*t because this what Mr. Philip Francis told us. Mr. Francis is well qualified because he is the CEO of Petsmart.

Petsmart Inc., the biggest U.S. pet-supplies retailer, said fourth-quarter profit fell 17 percent from the same quarter a year earlier. ``A combination of political uncertainty in the Middle East and some very tough winter weather'' depressed sales, Chief Executive Officer Philip Francis told Bloomberg Radio.

Even pets feel Middle East heat.

From Reuters:

BOJ INJECTS MONEY

In an extraordinary move, the Bank of Japan on Tuesday injected an extra 1.0 trillion yen ($8.56 billion) into the money market through a bill-buying operation.

The central bank said in the afternoon that the extra operation, its first such move since last October, was aimed at preventing the money market from being destabilised by recent stock market falls and worries about war in Iraq.

But anal cysts said what the stock market is looking for is something more drastic.

"The most desirable move for the market, I think, would be to inject public money into banks with a fragile capital base so that we no longer have to worry about a financial crisis," said Yusuke Sakai, manager of equities at Mizuho Securities.

Complete story link: http://www.reuters.com/financeArticle.jhtm...pe=worldIndices

Al,

I wish my two little shit machines would get with the program! :lol:

Thanks for tonight's SPOO parameters Brian.

I'm still balls to the wall short. I'm taking Buddha's reminder about OE seriously. Covering is an option. I'm taking it one day at a time. Still carrying a nice profit on XLNX (up on equity 16%) but, ain't like it was before Feb. 13th. I'll check anals tonight and catch CrapEuro before going to bed; see where things are in the morning. I have a hard time calling Euro Crapvision because it is actually not bad. Maybe I'll take a nap and try to catch Oyster at 3:40. Being that I am still at the Rock Quarry, and will probably be here for a few hours more. The nap thing may not work this week.

I you live in the US and want to short or long the DAX what can you do?  

Many thanks,

Oilman

oilman, i've been wondering the same thing. haven't found a good instrument. pls let me know if you do. TIA.

There are Ishares available for most countries that have established stockmarkets.

Here is Germany. Ticker is EWG, Japan is EWJ

1047432146242?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=AMEX:EWG&Interval=D:255&Permission=38897&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=MACD&Param1=12&Param2=26&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

Archived