Legacy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could not help myself on that one,I just e mailed crammer a letter telling him what i thought...I just can't believe the crap that comes out of his mouth.

uggh

Good for you. I am doing just that myself. Not only are these people idiots, they are morally and ethically revolting, and by implication that goes right up the ladder.

if you cant help yourselve than go to cutlows message board:

kudlows message board

i like best:

"Posted On 12/31/2002 By: Sir Lawrence of Betty Ford

Topic:

Kudlow is a Crakc Head'd Market fornicateUp!

Description:

GO BACK TO BETTY FORD YOU LOSER, AND TAKE THAT OTHER SIDE SHOW CARNIE... CRAMMER; WITH YOU. YOU fornicateIN CROOK'D UP, COKE'D UP fornicateUP!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

According to Yahoo Finance News, "Food sales for Super Bowl parties lifted U.S. retail demand in the latest week."

The old bootstrap technique, eh?

It's only a matter of time before public service announcements take up the old Burger King tag line, asking us plaintively, "Aren't you HUNGRY?"

Good to see you, Machinehead. You've been missed.

Doc,

I agree that they are basically trend followers. A good part of TA is charts and the trend is generally continued and that is why they are so valuable. Some people put great stock in one indicator like P/C ratios. Joe Duarte is a good example. He also seems to think that equity P/C ratio levels and index P/C ratios indicate the same direction for the market.

My point is that conventional wisdom about reading equity put/call ratios seems to be incorrect. I see a number of people on this site making trading decisions based on the P/C ratios and I think thye are making a misteak. Since these numbers jump around quite a bit a person studying them needs to use moving averages to see a trend. This is what The End's chart did. I think it showed the falicy of conventional wisdom.

Even with moving averages, large variations like OE will fowl up the trend but enough is left to be of value. Let me give some examples to show my point and that way anyone wanting to dispute it can do so.

On Dec 3, 2002 my equity P/C indicator went BEARISH. The reading was a HIGH 0.83. It stayed solidly bearish until 12/20/2002 when it went mixed. The SPX went from 920 to 895.

On Dec 30,2002 my equity P/C indicator went solidly BULLISH. The reading was a LOW 0.60. It stayed solidly bullish until 1/14/2003 when it went mixed. The SPX went from 879 to 931.

These indicators were right fo long periods. My accuracy reading on equity P/C ratios in the direction noted in 67% over the last 6 months. SG is better but most fund managers are worst.

Since that time it has been mixed. For example, yesterday was bearish at 0.79 and today is bullish at 0.51. I consider that mixed because there isn't any trend so I have to rely on other indicators. They are mostly bearish so I am 100% short.

Amazingly, the little guy that is buying puts seems SMART. like B4 says, "Trade Safe"

Archived