B4 the Bell Humpday

Guest yobob1

There is a "Chilling" story in the NY Times about a guy who spoke no English who got picked up in a terror sweep, who had done nothing wrong and was stuffed into solitary confinement for 90 days and rousted constantly. He would still be there if the FBI agent who arrested him hadn't worked to get him out. So much for the right to a fair trial-Huh!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the orgy of buying on the mortgage "insurers" and GSEs

UFB nonsense

blind stupid insane buying giving all the impression all is well in the world of refis, mortgages and real estate

This "market" leaves reality behing further every day

Check FNM FRE MBI MTG for starters

Who is so hungry to want to own this junk?????

Yes, I realize that. Court says now he gets hearing, but under presumtion of guilt

Wecome to the new Amerika. Remember all that BS about freedom, liberty and justice for all -- well forget it.

Remember some years back when the Hong Kong government came right out and said they were buying equities to support what was then a very very weak Hang Seng. If I remember correctly the government ended up owning around 35% of the market.

I have no doubt the government is pursuing a similar strategy until November or the election being called off.

Again today

ABSOLUTELY NO WEAKNESS TOLERATED

A true story.

A friend of my wife came to the states three years ago and married a US citizen. She had all the legal visas etc. two months ago she received a letter telling her to report to the INS to pick up her green card. She had been fast tracked due to marriage.

She reports to INS , picks up the green card and is asked to wait in a room on the side. She is then arrested on the spot and taken to a detention center in Newark, NJ. Apparently there is a problem with her paperwork.

She is not allowed visitors, except her husband for 15min at a time. no lawyer can visit or litigate this case. She is in a holding pen with 12 other "aliens" none of which speak english. they sleep on the floor on athin piece of foam and are allowed one shower and one change of clothes per week. They are all awaiting hearings which will happen at some undetermined time in the future.

Here is the kicker: my wife's friend is a citizen of Australia with no record of any criminal activity, not even a speeding ticket. As far as I know we are not currently at war with Australia, nor is Australia currently considered to be harboring terrorists.

Archived