Got Help?

anoscope

I have been trying to post a small image file for the last several days but no luck. The file is only 7K in size and is a .gif file. I have tried to attach the file using the browse window in the attachment section (and set it to the correct file and directory on my hard drive, etc.) When I preview the post, the image does not show in the preview window at all - just whatever text I wrote. I am running behind a firewall, so do I need to set it to allow cookies, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Later, Grot

you are not doing anything wrong. Attached images do not show until actually 'added' (submitted) and added to the thread. from there you can see it and edit the post if needed

Let me know if you are still having problems:)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ano, perhaps you can help me as I have no tech/computer skills. I recently downloaded Real player to acces TFNN and Tom O'brien. It worked fine,however, Windows Media player will not load Ike's interviews. A message comes up after 21 seconds into the download stating "network connection failed". :huh: I deleted Realone program and reloaded windows media player 7.0 and still the same response. I can access other radio programs with Windows media player without a problem. It only seems to be a problem on Ike's site. Suggestions? :unsure:

Hi Ano, perhaps you can help me as I have no tech/computer skills. I recently downloaded Real player to acces TFNN and Tom O'brien. It worked fine,however, Windows Media player will not load Ike's interviews. A message comes up after 21 seconds into the download stating "network connection failed". :huh: I deleted Realone program and reloaded windows media player 7.0 and still the same response. I can access other radio programs with Windows media player without a problem. It only seems to be a problem on Ike's site. Suggestions? :unsure:

three ways to fix. your real player is fried.

1. uninstall real player and reinstall it. that sometiems fixes the problem.

2. uninstall real player and see if medai player will play the file ok.

3. leaving real player uninstalled, install winamp (free) www.winamp.com. awesome free program plays practically anything. (This would be THE first thing I would try for a customer after uninstalling real player).

Let me know how it works out :)

Thanks Anoscope and Doc ... here's how I've resolved it.

In the topic, I now ONLY use the link to "Last Post By" which takes me to the end of the posts in the topic, and I scroll backwards if I need to.

Doc's suggestion does indeed sort the topics, but not the the posts within the topic. I feel that it would be a useful feature (but perhaps not possible?) to have a permanent setting where all topics display the most recent post first, through to the oldest. You'll see what I mean when you reply to a topic, it shows the most recent post first! This is exactly what I mean.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BAA

Hi Ano, I uninstalled Real player. It didn't fix the problem so I uninstalled Media player and loaded winamp. Ikes site wont load with the message (i was loading Arch Crawford) "crawford{1}{stopp... Winamp like Real player and media player still work on internet radio settings no problem. :unsure: I'm going to let my kid screw around with it. In the mean time I'm going to TFNN and see if I can get an archive download pf Tom Obrien.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you delete a post, meaning: can one delete their own post completely, as in edit?

Look in the top right corner of any post of yours. You should see at least two buttons there - marked "Delete" and "Edit" - in addition to the "Quote" button you see there in other people's posts. These buttons do what their labeling suggests. You should be logged in, of course - otherwise the site won't know that the posts are yours.

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived