And The Music Played On

Double Flush....................

Consumption tax is never going to happen.............................

It would wreck the budget and be seen as too kind to the rich.................

That's a pipedream....................many conservatives wouldn't even vote for it......................

I didn't say it's going to happen, I doubt it since the current tax system allow politicians to encourage specific economic activity where a consumption (flat) tax doesn't. This takes power away from politicians - no, I don't think they'll vote it in.

But then again, someday we may have a flat tax. Heck, Russia does.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to let this pig get to some real resistance before I start new short positions... It's possible by FR, be looking at short around 955 area (SPX)

Monday and Tuesday should be window dressers, we could get a pullback in some issues as traders milk the prices lower for the mutual funds loadup... So FR at the close is still a possibility...

No reason not to add a "temporary" national sales tax to existing tax structure -- or add "user fees" like the airport security supplement. Minnesota also obscenely already has a tax on health-care providers -- talk about hitting people who can least afford to pay it, when they can least afford to pay it.

10 year is down a buck and a quarter and stocks are up? Give me a freaking break. THat action in bonds aint bullish for stocks. Just another little historical tidbit all these perma bulls will have to learn or relearn,

Double Flush....................

Consumption tax is never going to happen.............................

It would wreck the budget and be seen as too kind to the rich.................

That's a pipedream....................many conservatives wouldn't even vote for it......................

I didn't say it's going to happen, I doubt it since the current tax system allow politicians to encourage specific economic activity where a consumption (flat) tax doesn't. This takes power away from politicians - no, I don't think they'll vote it in.

But then again, someday we may have a flat tax. Heck, Russia does.

Agreed.................

Regarding that SPX expanding triangle. The top I show is 837.10. The DOW shows something similar, but today's rally broke through the top at 8878. Whopsaw on the DOW based on today's rally? Maybe, maybe not. The DOW is the most manipulated of the indicies, so.......I say probably. NAZ also shows the same as the SPX, but a bit more sloppy looking. We are at the top on the NAZ at 1483 (three touches including today), unless of course you call the 11/25/02 11:00 AM spike a whopsaw as well. If you like the NAZ spike as the top, call it 1486.

We should know relatively shortly what happens.

Give or take a schooosh on those numbers....it all depends on how you draw your lines from the candles.

Archived