B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 1

mjkst27: more than likely correct. :o

Plunger: Tanks for the insight. Any way to incorporate that into tech analysis....there must be a way to measure the effects so as to offset/discount the effects.

I didn't do well in stats..... :unsure:

LLD: Concur with B-4 :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting-the Idiot Prince went out of his way to praise the new Head of Iraq who he said was chosen by Brahimi of the U.N. MSNBC is running an article which says the New Boy doesn't like Bush or the U.S. perhaps another pot-hole in the Road to Freedom is looming!

The assumption is that a market either needs to be described as a "Bull" or a "Bear". My contention is that AG has figured out that the only way to ensure that the market remains right here at these levels while he works the levers to save the balance of the global economy is to create a THIRD OPTION that we have never before seen.

We are in a Neutral Market for the foreseeable future. An artificially induced Neutral Market.

Al is playing both sides for the middle. Time to update your thesoras, and forget about historical comparisons. THIS TIME IT REALLY IS DIFFERENT.

The assumption is that a market either needs to be described as a "Bull" or a "Bear". My contention is that AG has figured out that the only way to ensure that the market remains right here at these levels while he works the levers to save the balance of the global economy is to create a THIRD OPTION that we have never before seen.

We are in a Neutral Market for the foreseeable future. An artificially induced Neutral Market.

Al is playing both sides for the middle. Time to update your thesoras, and forget about historical comparisons. THIS TIME IT REALLY IS DIFFERENT.

he'll get very very low volume markets

What seems likely to be true is that the behavior of the market must have changed quite substantially.

Perhaps, but I don't think it has changed much since March.

The p/c ratio popped in March after only a mild decline in stock prices and resulted in a 6% rally in stocks. This is atypical behavior for this indicator. However, an even larger spike in May after a similarly benign drop in stock prices has thus far led to a 4% rally.

Ignore the p/c ratio at your own peril. Notice that the 9-day MA peaked and rolled over precisely at the March 24 and May 17 stock market bottoms. It wasn't until the 9-day MA crossed below the 50-day MA in early April that the market began to sell off. Why not expect a similar pattern this time around?

Look folks, stocks are in a clear short-term uptrend and are trading above their 50-day and 200-day MAs. P/c is bullish, McClellan is bullish. Let the bulls have their fun, our turn is coming. Just not now...

post-20-1086135273_thumb.gif

The assumption is that a market either needs to be described as a "Bull" or a "Bear".  My contention is that AG has figured out that the only way to ensure that the market remains right here at these levels while he works the levers to save the balance of the global economy is to create a THIRD OPTION that we have never before seen.

We are in a Neutral Market for the foreseeable future.  An artificially induced Neutral Market.

Al is playing both sides for the middle.  Time to update your thesoras, and forget about historical comparisons.  THIS TIME IT REALLY IS DIFFERENT.

he'll get very very low volume markets

Yup, precisely.

The big houses made plenty in the bubble, most through some criminal means. He has no qualms about making these boys bite the bullet on transaction revenues in order to save the retirements of all American's whose futures depend on the pension system. He got them 1/2 their money back, and that's as good as it's going to get.

The whipsaws will be faster and more furious until speculators figure out that we are literally twitching-in-place...and stand pat.

He has no reason to care if the big houses get richer. It is their excesses from the turn of the Century that he is fighting everyday to repair...to the extent possible.

MER deserves a slow burn for their late-nineties behavoir, and AG is likely more than happy to oblige.

Plunger wrote:

Yup, precisely.

The big houses made plenty in the bubble, most through some criminal means. He has no qualms about making these boys bite the bullet on transaction revenues in order to save the retirements of all American's whose futures depend on the pension system. He got them 1/2 their money back, and that's as good as it's going to get.

The whipsaws will be faster and more furious until speculators figure out that we are literally twitching-in-place...and stand pat.

He has no reason to care if the big houses get richer. It is their excesses from the turn of the Century that he is fighting everyday to repair...to the extent possible.

MER deserves a slow burn for their late-nineties behavoir, and AG is likely more than happy to oblige.

Seems the Congress set the stage for present actions in 1980 when the financial

sector was deregulated, allowing the explosion in MF numbers as well as other

miscreant subtrafuges that have occured since 1987 and on AG watch. :rolleyes:

Re-regulation before a crunch will not be as effective now as re-regulation after a

crunch....a Weimer type crunch in which fiat-money is only good for wallpaper and starting fires in cast-iron water heaters and stoves. :grin:

Brian,

I'm having trouble downloading page 8. Get a blank most times.

If heavyweights are selling off, that's good for the bears. But obviously they appear to be leading and the averages have yet to catch up. I am looking for one more burst up. We shall see. ;)

Brian4:

You forgot the New Leaders:

AMZN, YHOO, EBAY, SINA, SOHU, NTES, APOL, GILD, and all other Parabolas on the NDX............

I think we are going to get some selling tomorrow. How far it goes, I don't know. Ten up days in a row on the HHH is a record. I doubt it will continue.

Archived