Your Inner Spock

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

greg: Interesting, perhaps the public is tapped out? I know , dangerous to undestimate the consumers propensity to take on more debt, but at some point enough is enough? Bigwave, just scanned still bearish, is taking a small long ( will only hold thru dec ) in msft.

Any advice on resolving this clusterf*ck??

I think COCO is a good short from 50 and 53, if you want to get aggressive you could average up and short some more at 56. If not and you just want to work out of it, you could sell some Jan 50 and Jan 55 puts to hedge and just wait it out.

I just went outside the Quarry for a moment and there are six armed (with whatever those rifles are that look like AK's but are not) soldiers outside the Quarry with a german shepard (at least he had a german accent). We have a HSBC bank in the lobby of the Quarry and they are there to guard it. I guess it had to do with the attack on the terrorist HSBC last week.

the german Sch?ferhund was me. "wau, wau!!" :lol:

next time i bite you in your ass! :lol:

someone mentioned that head and shoulder over the last 5 days (intradaychart) es , mrkt at the neckline zone, traded to it once then back to days lows and back to it after the consumer credit reaction. i'm shor t from this zone avg 1062 with 2.5 stop and 5pt target.

greg: Interesting, perhaps the public is tapped out? I know , dangerous to undestimate the consumers propensity to take on more debt, but at some point enough is enough? Bigwave, just scanned still bearish, is taking a small long ( will only hold thru dec ) in msft.

Crapvision will spin it as consumers just taking a quick breather before the all-out credit assault on Christmas.

"Pack the malls with happy shoppers!

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!

Swipe the cards to pay long after!

Fal-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!"

DJ US Consumer Credit/Oct -2: Nonrevolving Credit Fell 

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--U.S. consumers took on more debt in October, even though nonrevolving credit shrank for the first time since June.

Households borrowed more on credit cards but took on fewer nonrevolving loans such as car and boat loans, the Federal Reserve said Friday. Overall, U.S. consumer credit grew about $900 million in October to a seasonally adjusted $1.977 trillion.

. . .U.S. consumers added to their credit card debt in October, as revolving credit rose $2.2 billion to a level of $735.3 billion outstanding. In September, revolving credit rose about $4.0 billion.

But nonrevolving credit fell $1.3 billion in October to $1.242 trillion. This followed a $13.1 billion rise in September

Archived