Way Too Big To Fail

There are two things in this world that I can't stand....

1. The intolerance of different types of people and cultures...

2. Canadians :lol:

I went to Germany (Boeblingen) on business back in 1989. The Germans and Austrians have a similar rivalry going. A joke I heard: Why don't Austrians get AIDS? Even a virus has his pride.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skunky? Are you sure that was a cigarette you were smoking? :blink: :lol: :P

Hey you're probably right since I now recall I had to roll it myself. Seems like my short term memory loss has lasted for decades. :lol:

Honestly though legalizing hemp production in the US could do a lot of farmers a lot of good as well as open up many possibilities for business ventures organized around the multiple uses of hemp. But no, we will fight the evil weed with every dollar we have instead of letting the evil weed work for us. Don't dare put the CIA out of business do we.

If this window passes with the bulls in control, then I fear that the scenario that WH and Scottcardiff, as well as Lowry's buy/sell pressure indicator, point to is a high probability.  The fog should lift (to borrow your phrase) enough by week's end to tell -- no later than end of month, I would think.

Like most other drones, I was looking for an equity pullback with a dollar bounce. However, the Case B scenario may play out instead, where a dollar rise draws more international $ as a pure equity play, rather than the dollar hedge we have seen since mid-2003. Arnold says follow corp spreads and gold vs. non-dollar currencies. It could be that sustained negative real interest rates are providing most of the rocket fuel, as there no real alternative investments at the moment.

Nearly all global markets closed + last night. There is no fear of paper anywhere in the world. Eagerly awaiting further metals sell-off and possible other commods, to re-enter when market does sell of. Keeping a small SPX OTM put position. Just in case.

As long as Iwatch the markets every day and check them again at night...

I'll try NOT to be greedy and get out early.. I jumped off LU, JDSU, BVSN early and look at what happened... so I jumped on SONS last Friday...

Here's BVSN.

I wouldn't touch it. Way too volatile. Best to Dryhump the 1999 "Resubstantiated Screamers" like PMCS, JNPR, etc. which Fumble Managers can buy with both fists and not get fired. Institutional sponsorship.

Do not fret about jumping off these Wild Women after you have made a profit. I'm pumping these chicks for a one night stand only. I make 25%, then I'm out, looking for the next moaner to be squeezed.

Like Soup says, when this thing cracks, its going to be a doozy, so the game from now on is to scalp and hit and run, always making sure you have a low risk entry point so if we get a 100 point decline in 3 trading hours, you can "pull out" from these superchicks before serious damage can take place.

I'm also playing these hot dates with 15% of my trading capital only, just to see what happens. No way am I going to plunge in with both feet with sentiment as absurd as it is now.

This market can run for 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months. I'm going to game it under the assumption that its going to crash in 3 days, always keeping my eye on the back door.

Great Rant AG

I made an earlier post which no one has responded to. It was about the possibility of a major event hitting us again here at home, and what the likely result would be to the markets and the American Psyche.

Personally, I don't believe that stops will provide any protection whatsoever, and that for every long position each of us attempt to game, the potential exists for losing a third or more of that investment.

If I'm the only one worried about this, I'd like to understand why.

how about the fact that there are nerdy dudes walking around with geiger counters looking for dirty bombs... this market and our economy has nothing but blue skys ahead priced in... if some bad news was priced in, then we would have a better chance of not cratering. just another reason to hold PMs.

Guest bullseatshitndie
Here she is.......

the monthly chart on that looks damn bullish.

brcd looks ready for the upside explosion for those gamers. i'll add agil, dss to the list

Ms. Market's been a veritable biachh of late. Righteous indignation has been richly warranted recently. Hopefully, Soup's time is at hand. But, until we get a downside break, she's going to keep goin up. That doesn't make me a bull, just a realist. Trend is your friend and all that. The 1998-2000 chart of the Naz just says it all, with that upside break out of the the bear flag. If it happens, fine. Our time will come. From here or from north of here? It'll happen when it happens. Friday's gains are suspect because of op-ex, but a gain's a gain. If the price keeps climbing, then that's all we need to know. We'll be right- question is when and from what level.

Soup and others make a great point- when the market cracks, it risks being very, very fast. Stops won't protect bullish profits if the market gaps down. Anyone who's gamed the 1 min futures charts with active stop losses has seen a stop triggered and then filled at the market 5 or 10 points away. That doesn't make top-chasing profitable or advisable, but it does mean that bulls need to be very, very careful to stay out of the way of the eventual stampede. That guy who's now back in the market writing naked options (during an 8 or 9 year low in the VXO/VIX alltime low QQV and VXN) is exposing himself to unlimited risk for relatively very low premium. When bombs like him start going off, make sure you've got your X-Box trigger finger primed and ready.

Hey Mark! Thanks for giving us your BVSN analysis..

your right that BVSN can be dangerous as the volume previous to Jan 1 had gotten dangerously low, like less than 250K traded daily...

The spike up in volume recently I just noticed is about 1/2 of the spikes in May 2002... BVSN could be doing a repeat of May/June only on a smaller scale meaning $6 is the high onthis trip, only to see it dribble down to $4 or $3 over the next several weeks/months... UNLESS FeedFool's Bubble II parabolic madness really swings into full gear...

probably the safer play is to buy the gold stocks on the dips in next 2-4 weeks as everyone's gotten very bearish on gold stocks when everyone was super duper bullish Jan 2... HUI may not go back to 258 again on next trip (I'm expecting 230 before another correction) but trading ranges are easier to play and make $$ on in my opinon as the buy /sell areas are easier to pick out...

IN fact, I sold some Canuck juniors today I got lucky last week on low price bids that got filledon steep selloffs that lasted 20min... MM were pushing them up today in Canada on like 30K-50K traded... it's too early for these miners to be making 5% moves again in 1 day... so I chucked them and expect to buy them back at exactly the same price I paid or LESS!!!

The BVSN chart above looks quite good. Long term (daily chart is long term these days I guess) downtrend is broken with volume; the ideal point is a low volume pull back and wait for the stoch to come back down to 20, hopefully the price will be also at the 50ma support.

But I still think buying more miners when the HUI reaches 200ma after some more consolidation has a better reward to risk.

Archived