Bad News Bottoms

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Across The Curve

http://acrossthecurve.com/?p=2794

There is another rumor (which if I had been a pure journalist I would have placed first) which holds that the Obama Administration is giving serious consideration to placing FNMA and Freddie Mac on balance sheet. That would make their debt ?pari passu? with Treasury paper.

=============

Doesn't sound good, unless you are looking for higher yields...

EUR/JPY daily

as we know this pair is a proxy for leveraging/de-leveraging

as we see it stopped todays upmove where it was supposed to do so: At the downtrendline and the pivot-uptrendline.

once 120 is convincingly cleared it will sprint Ben Johnson style to 130. And the rest of the market will follow. I will not ask any questions.

post-510-1233955187_thumb.png

From the clueless in NYC folder......

"Without the talent of Wall Street to bring us back into a position of leadership in the global economy, we're going to be in bad shape as a world economic power," said Kathryn Wilde of the Partnership for New York.

Wylde says the Obama salary cap will lead to a critical brain drain – China and the United Arab Emirates have already come to poach Wall Street talent. She also says lower salaries in the financial industry will mean dramatically lower tax revenues for the city and state.

Link

Kathryn Wilde Official Photo

kwylde.jpg

Sorry Kathryn but that's not the way we see it out here in the real world.

It was that "talent" that helped turn the world financial system into an on-going trainwreck, throw millions of people around the world out of work and force governments everywhere to burden the next generation with the bill to clean up the whole mess.

Now that "talent" is snorting down trillions in public handouts like pigs at the trough.

So I vote to let those "brains" go to China and the UAE, both of which endorse public execution for notorious crimes against society.

"Without the talent of Wall Street to bring us back into a position of leadership in the global economy, we're going to be in bad shape as a world economic power," said Kathryn Wilde of the Partnership for New York.

Wylde says the Obama salary cap will lead to a critical brain drain ? China and the United Arab Emirates have already come to poach Wall Street talent. She also says lower salaries in the financial industry will mean dramatically lower tax revenues for the city and state.

Link

kwylde.jpg

It was that "talent" that helped turn the world financial system into an on-going trainwreck, throw millions of people around the world out of work and force governments everywhere to burden the next generation with the bill to clean up the whole mess.

Now that "talent" is snorting down trillions in public handouts like pigs at the trough.

So I vote to let those "brains" go to China and the UAE, both of which endorse public execution for notorious crimes against society.

LOL. Good idea. In fact, as a U.S. citizen, I am more than willing to share the spoiled arrogant Wall Street CEO morans with any country that is willing to have them. If we could only turn back time, and so could have gotten rid of them a number of years ago before they did all this damage to the U.S. and world economies!

I remember late 2002 early 2003. Things looked good for collapse, then it was off to the races. Bull flag after bull flag.

Could the same thing happen this year? Remember the boyz have unlimited acronym money to play with.

The Fed's balance sheet has been contracting for 7 weeks in a row. Fed cash available to PDs is collapsing. Treasury debt supply is skyrocketing, the Federal Government is about to drop a trillion pound debt bomb on the market , and FCBs, instead of picking up the slack, are slowing their pace of buying of Treasuries even as they continue to furiously dump their GSE holdings. It is not out of the question that they might even start selling their Treasuries as their cash needs balloon simultaneously.

This is not 2002-03. This is the market deck dancing on the Titanic.

Wylde says the Obama salary cap will lead to a critical brain drain ? China and the United Arab Emirates have already come to poach Wall Street talent. She also says lower salaries in the financial industry will mean dramatically lower tax revenues for the city and state.

Link

kwylde.jpg

I guess it all comes back to what your definition of "talent" is........"brain drain" I say way to late - should've happened years ago... <_<

The Fed's balance sheet has been contracting for 7 weeks in a row. Fed cash available to PDs is collapsing. Treasury debt supply is skyrocketing, the Federal Government is about to drop a trillion pound debt bomb on the market , and FCBs, instead of picking up the slack, are slowing their pace of buying of Treasuries even as they continue to furiously dump their GSE holdings. It is not out of the question that they might even start selling their Treasuries as their cash needs balloon simultaneously.

This is not 2002-03. This is the market deck dancing on the Titanic.

Hope so Doc, but who knows what those guys will cook up next? No doubt every "out of the box" idea, no matter how insane, is now on the table under consideration for being thrown against the wall to see what sticks.

Link

kwylde.jpg

It would be easier and more gratification if we reintroduced public executions here, complete for pay per view for those unable to attend in person.

Alan Greenspan should be first.

EUR/JPY daily

as we know this pair is a proxy for leveraging/de-leveraging

as we see it stopped todays upmove where it was supposed to do so: At the downtrendline and the pivot-uptrendline.

once 120 is convincingly cleared it will sprint Ben Johnson style to 130. And the rest of the market will follow. I will not ask any questions.

Since you're not going to ask any questions, I might as well:

The rest of what market will follow? DAX? Nikkei? Schlock markets everywhere? How about Trashuries?

A cornerstone of the economic recovery plan that President Barack Obama is expected to unveil Monday will be modifying problem mortgages, The Post has learned.

In a nod to Main Street over Wall Street, sources familiar with the plan say Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner plans to allocate almost half of the remaining $350 billion in funds from the Trouble Asset Relief Program to the so-called "Mo Mod," or mortgage modification, platform.

"Mo Mod" is an algorithmic mortgage processing program that can rewrite up to 500,000 loans a month, and will be a major part of Treasury's plan to help repair tattered bank balance sheets.

The 21-day "Mo Mod" program works by structuring a new mortgage that more accurately reflects a home's worth so that a troubled borrower no longer owes more on their home than the property is worth.

The process then enables a lender to pool these new mortgages together into securities that reflect more accurately a home's value, which makes them less risky for investors.

taxpayer will reward criminals, fraudsters, liars on both side of the mortgage mess.

UFB. Will they do it again next year when those same loans are underwater again?

Not one mention of some money set aside to prosecute mortgage fraud.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Archived