Night Stool

richmtn

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we didn't get my "gap down open on Monday" but it sure wasn't pretty. :lol: (in answer to your question, that comment was purely gut/impulsive after studying the situation and seeing so many nervous bears on M2M)

richmtn, I hope you're right on HUI cuz I've had enough of this "scarey bull market correction stuff" :angry:

Glad I didn't pick RGLD - Ouch!

Feed, the light is finally starting to go off. 3rd inning of a 9 inning game. :grin:

We've only just begun.

yes.

If u look at the $compq and VXN ratio chart then one will see the real picture.

Real money is made shorting gap and crap move and staying shorts. Shorting on the last leg is a fool?s game.

Pile the operative cycle for gold seems to be 81 trading days (ROC 41). Think of it like Doc's 10-13 week cycle for stocks.

The good news is that most of the downside damage in this cycle has probably been done. The bad news is that it looks like at least the next four weeks has risk of more price erosion or at best a SWUP.

A cycle of 162 days is in an early down phase so I wouldn't look to take out the blowoff top any time soon. Of course WAR could do funny things to gold. A cycle of 243 days bottomed in Dec. 2002 so after this dip it is having now it should help to the upside in 4-6 weeks.

But what the hey do I know.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$gold,uu[l,a]dallnnay[d20020401,20031231][pb72][iud20!um41,11!lm81,21!le12,26,9!lm121,21].gif

Nice picture today. Now we need follow through...........

SPX behaved brilliantly at 853 resistance and then proceeded to break Gann 45 degree support on the daily, just above 846. Next major stop is 818. Note the ROCs for the 7 and 13 week cycles are rolling over quite nicely.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=spx&indicator=16,17,,;34,,,;35,,,;16,29,,;64,9,,&dur=2m&freq=6&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

NDX 969 should prove temporarily shportive.....

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=ndx&indicator=16,17,,;34,,,;35,,,;16,29,,;64,9,,&dur=2m&freq=6&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

I will only dong miners if/when HUI is above 155.

The HUI is still above the rising 150dMA...and is technically still a bull......but the overhead is going to need some dedicated digestion.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=ndx&indicator=16,17,,;34,,,;35,,,;16,29,,;64,9,,&dur=2m&freq=6&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

This stuff is all secondary to Doc's CMAPS........

marketwatch.com upgraded QQQ to neutral (accumulate) from avoid (short)

notes: trend line resistance 25.91 support 24.51 resistance 25.91 says up/down price shows acumulation, the 10 and 21 day price slope is 'up' beta 1.30 .u/d ration is 0.9 (ups/total days). the adxr is 15 (not a solid buy at all) money flow slope up

this rating I always treat as 'channelling stocks' type of rangebound recommendation with stops above below depending on long/short position.

Archived