November Sector Review

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. Uncle Buck looks like road kill to me.

Art Crashin might be one of the few guys on Crapvision who speaks his mind from time to time, and has admitted in so many words that this past six months has been far more about smoke and mirrors than funnymentals. I think he is as nervous right now as he's ever been. He didn't say that, it is just my read of him.

He knows what the dollar is telling the world, and he knows that the world is about done buying dollars and other US paper, and he knows what comes after that.

There are many things that the Fed can control, and there are many that they can't. Unless they plan to do it militarily, I don't think you can force foreigners to continue to throw good money after bad forever.

Can it bounce? Of course it can. But is the top in? It sure feels like it.

Just heard a mouthpiece for the National Retail Association say "it's OK if people in the northeast can't get out to do their Christmas shopping this weekend, there's still plenty of time left to shop before Christmas." When pressed, she admitted that the affected area represents 25% of the US retail business in the country, and agreed that there will be "some effect".

This single snow storm will be blamed for the drubbing that all retail stocks are about to endure...mark my words.

Sell Motimer...Sell!!!

Plunger

Beware: SON OF SNOWZILLA.

It took four hours for a trip that is normally less than one hour. Not the same intensity as last year's storm, but this one is big and sloppy and is sitting on the NY metro/mid-Atlantic region.

It should hose shopping this weekend, so the effect on equity markets may differ. It is conming at a point of Astro stress and could drain some of that streess, though with the extension of pm commute drive time, it cause more stress instead.

Poll: Optimism on Economy Boosts Bush

I put the whole article over on Polystool.

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4279

. . . ."People are increasingly comfortable about job security for themselves and for those they know - 44 percent now, compared with 35 percent in early October.

And more approve of the way Bush is handling the economy - 50 percent compared with 45 percent earlier, according to the poll conducted for the AP by Ipsos-Public Affairs. Support for his handling of other domestic issues like education, health care and the economy, at 47 percent, has not shifted significantly.

The president's re-election numbers have slightly improved, with 41 percent saying they will definitely vote for him and 36 percent definitely against him. One in five is considering voting for someone else. In mid-November, people were evenly split, 37 percent for and against. . . ."

Doc, why do I have to keep dumping those Hit Box tracking cookies, after every visit here? :P

yeah, Doc. Inquiring minds wanna know.

again, r the cookies listed below from your website?

IF the answer is "YES", then:

Why are they tracking? What are they tracking? WHO is tracking? You? Someone else?

Sans consent, too, in that one can't post w/o accepting them?

pleez adviz.

Tia.

post-7-1070671538_thumb.gif

Shorty, tanks for posting that Indonesia article.

At first I agreed with your intro....that the US might look like that in 2005...but after I thought about it, I'm not so sure. US urbanites will run screaming to the goobermint instead.

The vast majority of urbanites I know, or read, have a real attitude towards rural living and rural people. They think rural folk are simpleminded, and from that they assume that rural life is so easy. They believe that if the stool hits the fan, they can just drive on out there and immediately be OK.

They have NO idea how many skills and tools are required, how much TIME it takes to acquire the skills and knowledge, and to get one's spread prepared. Ya can't put seeds in raw dirt, and be eating fresh corn an hour later! It takes MONTHS to grow food.

I got a baaadd feeling about the future for urban yuppies.... :P

It won't be over until we are crying...That is what I'm waiting for the crying...

The clicking of the heels together until they bleed while wailing in anguish there's no place like home, theres's no place like home...

The I feel a great disturbance in the force as though millions of people screamed out in pain...then were suddenly silenced stage

When the Debtstar fires it's hyperdeflationary implosion beam and vaporises the monetary system.

When they are saying you can only identify a collapse of the global economic and monetary system in hindsight even though we named the policy in 1979 the controled destruction of the economy...

It won't be over until it's over...

Bare- If you just download the latest explorer browser or get their security update for the one you are using-all cookies will be blocked except the ones you approve-it makes things much easier. Cnn and Reuters have been carrying articles all day about increased terrorist chatter and activity on the domestic front...makes one wonder-Trade Safe!

Lance Lewis continues to harp on an imminent gold stock collapse, "deflationary spiral, etc." just like Bob Prechter.

Maybe he's right.

But if he's wrong, I'm going to hang him for it.

I'll cut and paste each one of his warnings the last couple of weeks, and document how much profit I would have lost if I had heeded his warning.

And worse, the losses if I had shorted HMY and GFI at the same time.

Somebody is about to get stuffed big time.

Somebody is going to be a Big Hero, or a Goat.

Might be me.

Might be Lance.

We'll find out next week.

Archived