B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 7

at the risk of sounding political, john kerrey has been hiding. i felt like a few months back, kerrey was trying to win the election by letting george bush lose it. maybe you have to watch network news or read the local fishwrap, but i have no idea what kerrey believes in... lets face it, W has alotta weak spots; not going negative does not mean you can do nothing. maybe its becuase im in Cali and the Dems own the state, but i cant tell you what Kerrey is all about... i can tell you i like his wife's huevos, she speaks her dang mind... now if he would just do the same. i mean, its not like most people really respect george bush. george bush would get crushed in this election if the Dems had a candidate with a clear platform, even a stinky liberal tax and spend platform.

this is a good wtach - dont say i never gave you anything! the one about the new pentagon.

http://www.c-span.org/homepage.asp?Cat=Ser...&ArchiveDays=30

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE is right they don't have any equity in their house's in fact a lot of them are upside down on their mortgages now. When the Shit hits the fan they will just put the keys on the counter and flee in the SUV with the Repo man in hot pursuit. Thread your Election advice was superb I would add Kerry and Edwards muss your freakin hair and lose the Khakis and pressed shirts, Blue Jeans boys right out of the Dryer and white T's with a picture of a Burning Bush on the front, and Edwards lose the Lard Bucket Wife in the rumpled pant-suit till the campaign is over everyone thinks she is your Mother. And John no more rhetoric speak from the heart Boy-" I'm coming for that lying Weasel Bush and his sidekick the fat guy with a mouth like a torn pocket and Edwards start using damn Sumbitches in every sentence and stop hugging John! :lol:

under the topic of "it couldnt happen to a better bunch of pricks"....

Here in OZ,apartment prices aparently had a small price increase in the month of August...based on some dodgy at best data...however the real estate agents interviewed for the article had to say that they were not seeing any improvement in the market at all...too much supply coming onto the market and no buyer interest..lol,fancy having to talk down the market because you are PETRIFIED of another rise in interest rates...HA,HA,HA,HA.

I'd hire Walter Cronkite to look sternly into the camera for an anti bush ad and say, "It's not a case of if, but when", followed by the poignant cry of a  screaming baby....Then, giant mushroom cloud.  Cut back to Cronkite. He says with authority, "George Bush, Only the cockroaches will survive." Cut to parched landscape with repulsive insects scittering about--volume way up on the skittering sounds. Play it over and over and over.

Tbare,

I laughed myself sick at your ad treatment. But I fear that your sophisticated approach won't suffice to save the beleaguered Mr. K, particularly in a humour-challenged "Superpower" where our predicament increasingly is no laughing matter.

To revive the flagging Democratic campaign, a candid inflationary appeal may be the last desperate resort. To wit --

"If elected, I will PRINT the money to pay the interest on the national debt ... AND your mortgage.

Our goal is to make home prices rise 20% per year. Every homeowner a millionaire!

Most Americans will never have to work again."

Appeals to our innate sense of laziness, vanity, one-upmanship, and the craving for "something for nothing" have (like the published thanks to various saints for miracles in the classified ads) never been known to fail.

Go for it, Mr. K! Inflate or die! :lol:

All I know is that if the Dems manage to actually lose to Bush, a man who was never elected, screwed every pooch his administration could get its mitts on and reduced the whole world to a smoldering husk of fear, hatred and war... a man who I still can't believe hasn't been arrested for war crimes or at least impeached.... then I'll have to conclude that the Dems are even more pathetic as the most right wing fundamentalist trailertrash ever said they are. If the dems actually manage to lose this of all elections, the top-spin-lob of the century, I do believe that I'll give up hope for once and for all, and will very possibly become a war-mongering "No Slack for Eye-Rack" type myself. How could one possibly maintain faith in the system after such a thing?

Poor lazy birds...got used to getting their scraps handed to them....they thought they were living a good life until they realized they did not control the dump....

Link

Fat Buzzards Go Hungry After Dump Closed

By Associated Press

September 7, 2004, 8:13 PM EDT

BOGOTA, Colombia -- The closing of a huge garbage dump has thousands of fat and lazy buzzards that used to feast on the trash going hungry, but a move is afoot to save them.

For 20 years, the Veracruz de Santa Marta garbage dump near Colombia's Caribbean coast received about 300 tons of trash a day, giving generations of buzzards so much to eat that most tripled in weight and lost their natural instincts to search for carrion, Bogota's El Tiempo newspaper reported Monday.

"They even forgot how to fly," lamented Alex Rodriguez, a city garbage worker who has taken pity on the estimated 7,000 buzzards.

Since July, only 15 tons of food arrive daily at the dump, and it will shut down for good on Sept. 19, leaving the birds to fend for themselves. Directing the birds to the new high-tech dump won't work, officials said, because it keeps the garbage in the open air for only 15 minutes before treatment begins.

So Rodriguez has launched a campaign on a wing and a prayer to help the birds migrate to other areas and reactivate their natural feeding instincts, the newspaper reported. It wasn't clear how he would convince the plump birds to migrate.

While buzzards are not the most lovable of creatures, Rodriguez says 700 people have called to offer their help.

Another good piece by one of my favourite journalists, Gwynne Dyer:

"An Unwinnable War"

Some 140 000 young American soldiers are trapped in a neo-colonial war in Iraq (where there were no terrorists until the U.S. invasion), but their casualties are typical of colonial wars: fewer than one percent killed a year. As for the 300 million Americans at home, exactly as many of them have been killed by terrorists since 9/11 as have been killed by the Creature from the Black Lagoon in the same period. None.

The rhetoric of a "war on terror" has been useful to the Bush administration and terrorism now bulks inordinately large in any media where the agenda is set by American perspectives. On the front page of the International Herald Tribune that carried the story on Bush's return to political orthodoxy on terrorism, four of the other five stories were also about terrorism: "Twin bus bombs kill 16 in Israel," "Blast leaves eight dead in Moscow subway," "12 Nepal hostages slain in Iraq," and "French hold hectic talks on captives."

In other words, 36 of the quarter-million people who died on this planet on August 31 were killed by terrorists: close to one in eight thousand. No wonder the IHT headlined its front page "A deadly day of terror". Although it would have been on firmer statistical ground if it had substituted the headline "A deadly day for swimming" or even "A deadly day for falling off ladders".

How about banning politicians from their false claims.... ;)

Link

Seller of Coral Calcium banned from TV

WASHINGTON, Sept. 7 (UPI) -- The Federal Trade Commission said Tuesday it has banned Kevin Trudeau from TV infomercials for making false claims his product Coral Calcium cured cancer.

Trudeau has been ordered to pay the FTC $2 million to settle charges he falsely claimed Coral Calcium can cure cancer and other diseases and another one of his products, an analgesic, called Biotape, could cure or relieve severe pain.

Trudeau, who has appeared in or produced hundreds of infomercials, is banned from appearing in, producing, or disseminating future infomercials for any type of product, service, or program to the public.

In his infomercials, Tradeau said Coral Calcium Supreme, a dietary supplement that he said was made from Japanese marine coral, could cure cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, lupus and other illnesses.

Biotape was said to provide permanent relief from severe pain, including back pain, and pain from arthritis, sciatica, and migraines.

"This ban is meant to shut down an infomercial empire that has misled American consumers for years," said Lydia Parnes, acting director of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Another good piece by one of my favourite journalists, Gwynne Dyer:

Good article - I think that a lot of people "know" this but it comforts them somehow if they think that their government is "on the job". The amazing thing is most of these people also know that their government has never solved any problem without causing a worse problem or set of problems. Kind of a rock and hard place situation.

I don't think that either party gains ground on "terror" and the fact that Dick Cheney came out today and predicted another terrorist attack if Kerry is elected was just wrong. When the votes are counted the winner will be the one with the most electoral votes. I think that Kerry can win that race.

So Bush can get 52 or 57% of the votes but if they all come in the states where he has already won then it really doesn't matter much. In fact it would be sweet revenge if he won the popular vote and lost the electoral. However, up till now no sitting president has ever received more votes than his popularity reading on August 15th of the election year. Bush was at 42% at that time.

The economy will always be the one thing that puts votes next to one candidates name vice another. If people think they did well under this administration they will not vote for change.

As Doc says "news is noise" for markets and I will add politics as well.

MWH - Sensationalism is a cardinal manifestation of a non-polarized sheeple society. When I was in Australia some time back, the front pages were rife with gruesome tales of one of the fourteen murders that country had had...that year.

Same as the O.J Peterson trial, all though in the US case, it's putting a face on a society numbed by violence. Someone said that extremism in America represented polarity; I believe the opposite: it represents the desires of a few to distance themselves from the many.

Terror is about fear, and since we all use skyscrapers periodically, 9/11 tatooed an image in Sheeple brains which will not fade in Sheeple's lives. It's not about numbers and military strategy. America at the height of the Vietnam War was as polarized as I'd ever seen it; Tales of Tricky Dicky carried the headlines for over a year. Violence was buried.

Homogeneity (complacency) is pivital condition for the resumption of chaos. I think Isaac Newton said something to that effect.

Give Kerry a chance here. He is a late starter and will be in top shape for the debates. The debate that concerns me is the Vice Prez debate. I like and have met Edwards, but Dickless Cheney is a crafty old bastard. The contrast between them will be vivid. I just hope Edwards doesn't look like the greenhorn upstart. Shrub's bounce after the republican church service was very weak. The race is much closer.

Archived