Incessant impulses

Early openers are up but not getting too carried away with the US action: Kiwis +0.8%, Aussies +0.7%, Nikkers +1.1%, Sth Korea and Singers +0.6%.

In the Aussie market there are modest rises across most sectors with Miners and Financials out in front, both +0.9%. Telecomms is the only down sector, -0.1%.

t?s=%5ENZ50

t?s=%5EAORD

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD

A green day but nothing special. All closed +0.8% with a reshuffle in the sectors: IT and REITS took the lead, both +1.2% with Financials and Consumer Discretionary level pegging at +1.1%. Energy was last on the list, +0.4%.

Over in Asia, China +1.3%, Honkers +1.2%, India +0.2% and Nikkers +1.5%.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

House Prices Decline Most in Six Months as Sellers Return, Nationwide Says

U.K. house prices fell the most in six months in August as increased supply of property gave buyers more bargaining power, Nationwide Building Society said.

The average cost of a home dropped 0.9 percent from July, when they fell 0.5 percent, to 166,507 pounds ($257,519), Britain’s biggest customer-owned lender said in an e-mailed statement today. From a year earlier, prices increased 3.9 percent, the weakest pace since November.

The U.K. housing-market recovery has faded this year as the prospect of the biggest budget squeeze since World War II undermined consumer confidence and spooked potential homebuyers. Hometrack Ltd. said on Aug. 30 that there is a “growing weakness” in demand that represents “more than just a seasonal blip.” Its index showed prices fell 0.3 percent last month.

Perhaps the flash crash was caused by some bots using real-time data from Yahoo.

I sold all my QID Tuesday morning, and am now kicking myself for not switching back long. I am looking to wring a few $ out of IYR in the 2-3 day time frame.

post-7379-1283429406285.jpg

quote name='Trader Joe' date='02 September 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1283357917' post='824156'

Hey!

Wonder if I could get one of you chart guys to help me out

I am trying to figure out if I should buy, sell or hold this stock

Sorry I had to hide certain information, but it is very thinly traded and I am afraid if I post the ticker here that everyone might front-run me resulting in the price moving by 2 or 3 pennies

TIA !!!

post-2117-12834307664607.png

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

/quote

Negative divergence? :P

post-2117-12834307807365.png

Archived