B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

starting to see companies delaying IPOs

google

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...te/google_ipo_1

Nanosys

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2004/mft04080520.htm

2+2=4  :blink:

From the above article.... WHAT's WITH THIS????

"Nanosys is a Palo Alto-based nanotechnology start-up long on ideas but short on everything else.

It had the backing of the Rockefeller family's Venrock Associates and the CIA's private venture capital firm In-Q-Tel

(yeah, we're still scratching our heads over that one too).

It got directors from Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) and lined up partnerships and financial backing from Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) and DuPont (NYSE: DD).

Where is Plunger?? We need an expert to figure this one out!!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just glanced at cnbs and some moron stated that 87% of folks got a raise in the last twelve months.

If you lose your $40 an hour job to go to a $8 job and get a raise to $8.10 an hour, it is considered a raise.

I hate this, I hate all of it.

discussion w/ my buddy last night who works for GM. After the usual shrub bashing on both ends and talking about the lying I brought up the CPI/PPI. He told me that they have a cost of living increase built into their wages, the last adjustment he told me he LOST .13/hr due to the decrease in inflation.

Effing crooks. :angry: :angry:

I just glanced at cnbs and some moron stated that 87% of folks got a raise in the last twelve months.

If you lose your $40 an hour job to go to a $8 job and get a raise to $8.10 an hour, it is considered a raise.

I hate this, I hate all of it.

discussion w/ my buddy last night who works for GM. After the usual shrub bashing on both ends and talking about the lying I brought up the CPI/PPI. He told me that they have a cost of living increase built into their wages, the last adjustment he told me he LOST .13/hr due to the decrease in inflation.

Effing crooks. :angry: :angry:

they're over-compensated... down the road he'll be worrying about real money, not a dime/hour. they get paid 95% if they dont work... GM has more in med costs per car than steel costs - the trend is apparent, and it doesnt include $80,00/yr for screwing chevy cavaliers together. tough one for your bud.

from www.meldukesblog.com

GM and Ford are building vehicles at a 17 million annual rate. You might think their business is vibrant. In fact, GM July sales were down 3.4% and Ford?s declined 3.7%. In an effort to reduce near-record inventories, GM raised incentives on some cars and trucks to $6,000. As of yesterday, GM is offering a $2,500 rebate on many 2005 models! It should be remembered that auto sales represent about 20% of total retail sales. The auto business is beginning to hurt in China too. Overcapacity, falling prices, and a tightening of credit availability are taking its toll on Chinese automakers, and that includes GM.

I'm presuming a bounce is expected tomorrow. . .

I'm delighted to be contradicted, evenmoreso to be proven wrong on the morrow.

I expect the dippers and manipulators to be out in force, but it doesn ot affect my overall outlook, at all. . .

Waiting breathlessly for the TA Chartists to weigh in tonite. . .

Icky, my model doesn't show any hint of a cover signal. It's not perfect of course, but over time it has proven that it's safer to be short than long right now.

I should add that I would describe the Dover Sole level about equivalient to a successful dip-buy level in a bull market.

The manipulators would be disingenuous (what's new) in suggesting the indices, being below the 50 and 200 with falling $nymo and $namo, are as "safe" as when the trend is rising.

(Noon): Japanese share prices fell by nearly 1% on Friday morning on rising oil prices which also knocked Wall St.

anal cysts said traders were concerned about the US stock market outlook, and cautious ahead of US jobs data due out later in the day.

The Nikkei had lost 106.69 points, or 0.96%, to 10,954.20 during the morning.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/ma...ata/2946860.stm

MwH- makes a good point-Most Bears have a missing gene in that they wait patiently for a turn and when it comes immediately assume the markets will turn around on a dime and march back up the hill so i'd better cover. Well t'aint so, I have spoken a lot about this being a game of iron will-to play it you MUST be technically adequate, you MUST know where support and resistance are and you MUST have an intelligent stop. If you are losing consistently or as one guy put it the other night he hadn't made any $ in 7 weeks ( I posted he should seek help) then you are doing a lot wrong. If you are a newbie don't do what we do until you understand what it is we do. Watch and learn! What is important is recognising a trend and riding it into the ground. Never RISK much( in my case 3 points is my pain level) . Remove EMOTION from the game think of this as playing a video game-it is not EASY and few become Good Traders-but if you make it thru the tunnel it's the greatest game on earth! ;)

In harm's way. But from whom?

That's what GWB thinks about the US, except he didn't put it that way. If you really think he misspoke today, then you haven't read the official White House version of his prepared speech:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20040805-4.html

Third, this bill meets our commitment to America's Armed Forces by preparing them to meet the threats of tomorrow. Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. We must never stop thinking about how best to defend our country when we all must always be forward-thinking.

ONE BARREL OF CRUDE CAN BE REFINED TO PRODUCE 84 GALLONS OF GASOLINE and DISTILLATES .

AT $1.88 times 84= $157.92; The refiners and middlemen are making a

a 250% PROFIT HUGE-VERY !!!

AT $1( ONE) PER GALLON THE COMBINED ADDED VALUE ( INCLUDING TAXES)

IS 86.67 % !!!

BOTH RESULTS ASSUME A cost $45 per/barrel .

A 42 gallon barrel of crude yields about 19.5 gallons of gasoline. Yield depends on the properties of the crude, which is why there are different grades, ie West Texas Crude, Saudi Light Crude, etc. Total yield gain from a barrel of oil is about 10%, not double, as 84 gallons would suggest.

Grossly then,

$2/gallon x 20 gallons/barrel= $40 of gasoline sales per barrel of oil.

http://www.petroleum.org/petrokids/petroperbbl.htm

Looks like everybody's call to crash after the 11th made certain nobody was on board for today. All except Brian and crew of course.

You can count me in that camp. I'm posting a chart of the QQQ's as my bread and butter is trading the front month options on it. There are many tools for entry and exit points but my favorite is the MACD crossover which shows on the chart below. This was my main reason for assuming an 8/11 high, but yesterday's close had a bearish cross so the swing trade was exited at a loss (part of the business). Short was not entered and will not be until I see the results of the jobs report and the oil trade (which is now higher as I type this along with the futs). Day trading is one thing, quick scalps in and out, but my position trades are more mechanical using indicators which seem to follow depend's little chart pretty close.

Anyone know how to post eSignal charts in here?

CapitalStool_PNG_aHZ9Km

Archived