Night Stool Wednesday Nite/turdsday Morn

richmtn

Only one rule on Night Stool.

No Whining

post-2-1039406679.gif

Night Stool logo by anoscope.

If the live charts don't update you need to refresh your screen.

We don't know and neither do they. Doc

Economic Calendar

Calendar

Earnings Calendar

Market Summary and Diary, Adv Dec by Volume and Issues, New Highs and Lows

https://www.bigcharts.com/custom/scottrade-...com/markets.asp

FT World News

Foreign Exchange Rates - Major Currencies

CRB Index

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$CRB,uu[305,adacayacd][pb20!]b50[dg].gif

CRB Components

World Indices

The Big One. Almost everthing at a glance. THE Big Picture.

The Big One

Money Flow and Mr. Market. Follow the Money.

TOCOM Heavy Metal and Commodes

Globex Flash Quotes

MRCI Quotes Quotes Quotes

NDX Futures

NDX Futures via Livecharts

NDX QUOTE from LIVECHARTS

S&P 500 Futures

S&P Futures via Livecharts

S&P 500 QUOTE from LIVECHARTS

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have gotten out today

A woman awakes during the night, and her husband isn?t in bed with her. She goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee. "What's the matter, dear?" she asks. "Why are you down here at this time of night?"

The husband looks up from his coffee, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly.

"Yes, I do," she replies.

"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?"

"Yes, I remember," says the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continues, "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I'll send you to jail for 20 years??"

"I remember that, too," she replies softly.

He wipes another tear from his cheek and says, "I would have gotten out today."

Guest Icky Twerp

sincere question:

why has gold made these jumps after American market close? Is it just because new demand is coming from Mid-East and Asia? Is it simply manipulation of the sort that GATA talks about? Or is allowing the POG to rise discreetly afterdark another form of pollution? :unsure:

Richard Russell talked some on short-squeeze. What different this time is that commercials are on the wrong end of the primary bullish trend.

The Commercials (gold banks, mines who are hedged) had a large SHORT position of 100,000 gold futures on Dec. 3. By Dec. 10 they had increased their gold short position hugely, adding another 25,000 contracts to the short side. These shorts constitute added supply to the market. It's clear that the powerful Commercials do NOT want higher gold.

In the great majority of cases, the Commercials will win the battle. But today the Commercials are fighting the primary trend of a bull market in gold. I'm not saying that the Commercials won't be successful in knocking gold down, but in rather rare instances the Commercials find they are on the wrong side of a powerful primary trend and they are losing the battle. If that happens, if they "give up" and decide that they can't beat the trend, then you can get a shorting panic as the Commercials panic.

He also have some for nervious gold bugs.

Thirty years ago a multi-millionaire and a very successful investor told me something I'll never forget. He said, "Russell, do you know why brokers never make real money in a bull market?"

I confessed that I didn't know.

He said, "Brokers never make real money in a bull market because they never believe their own bull shit."'

I think it's the same thing with the gold mine shares today. Gold is rising, rising, but many "gold-bugs," probably most gold-bugs, don't believe their own BS. They don't really believe this is a building big bull market in gold. They simply don't believe it, and the gold stocks are acting that way.

Wisdom of Richard Russell

Archived