Snow Circuited

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimi-there are many ways of defining short interest, the falling p/c ratio tells us the crew is piling into calls not puts, the falling VIX, VIXN and QQV are other indicators of the same thing. Just visiting the cboe and checking the outstanding interest on SPX and OEX calls and puts is another. Trade Safe!

"what do we have now Jim 9000 mutual funds in the united states, I mean there can't be that many smart 29 year olds here"

This is almost up there with Seinfeld and Leno ??? : D

According to Morningstar there are 15,000 MF's still out there.

YIKES!!!

we're going higher next week...uptrend not over yet.

Being long and short and making ~1% per week on NAV so I could really care less which way it goes.

When the trend changes perhaps I'll change my long/short balance and then again maybe not...it depends on what happens when it happens, in the meantime I'm slowly turning coin.

Forecasting is a losers game.

There once was a Driver named Pile

Who trades with an interesting style

He buys but the best

And shorts all the rest

He's now ahead by a mile

RE WOW...i shorted them from $10 all the way to $13.00 :angry: they are a good defensive play but they might be a short soon,building way too many supermarkets,esp in QLD,4 major stores with 5klm of each other on the Sunny Coast.....

Me too, Bris. Had a WOW put expire worthless last month but it was constructive in the sense I recalibrated the holy grail. Still waiting for a WOW short signal post recalibration but soon I think.

Agree with you re property trusts and mall managers. They're all on my short list. Also have a Lend Lease (LLC) put. That chart looks sicko.

NB I'm a chartist, don't use fundamentals at all...

http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp

Bearish triangles on the DOW 15 & 60 min charts plus Ed says:

"the formation of a "diamond" pattern on the NASDAQ tells us that the market may be about to correct. We need to watch the lower boundary carefully."

The diamond pattern is quite rare and very bearish. He doesn't show the chart but those with the chart may be able to confirm ..

Market still holding up somewhat. Like Brian4, I expected more downside action this week. Didn't happen.

States raising taxes, Feds lowering taxes = no gain for consumers.

Here in CA, Skeletor is going to raise the VLF dramatically. Won't help CA recover.

I am still not sure what these politicians, central bankers, market anal cysts and fund managers are talking about when they say the market will rally with a dividend tax break.

Only the decent dividend paying stocks will benefit. Can't see someone buying a Dow component stock because of a 1.5-2% dividend yield just to get the tax break.

And what else is there?

Bond funds which are already in a bubble?

REIT's which have already gone parabolic in the last couple of years?

In fact, taking a look at the Dow 30, it is hard to find a company that pays a decent dividend, has low debt, is not involved in derivatives, has growth, positive cash flow, etc. 8 of them pay a decent dividend but can pass NONE of the other requirements above.

http://www.stockselector.com/dow.asp

So, will people buy CSCO or INTC if they decide to pay 1.5% dividend? I doubt it. The downside risk is too high and buying the stock will raise the stock price and LOWER the dividend yield immediately.

The more I look, the more I feel that cash, gold and silver are the place to be. Cash is starting to scare me a bit though.

We are at incredible extremes- we went down today so did the p/c ratio- closed at .52, no one left but the bullz, AAII came out 62.8% bullz, 16.3% BEARZ-combine with last report and you get bullz minus bearz at 46.5 the highest reading since 12/01 33 points from the top. The 10 day daily sentiment index (mbh commodity advisors) has run above 70% for 11 straight sessions exceeding the string of 9 at the top. Then this from Prechter "the spoo June futures went to a new high every day this week, the DOW did Monday and then failed the rest of the week,, NDX high Tuesday, Trannies Monday, Comp yesterday" Bearish divergences anyone! Can't last, last, last , last,-hey there is an echo in here! Trade Safe!

This has to be a very special site that we have our own resident poet.

Lettuce not forget that we also got the-

Doc of the Stools

Melody Here!

Speakers on, please! Else just hum along

Advice for free or not, he's the Doc of this motley lot

Not a Larry CurlyMoe, Gold's the only long he's got.

Thirty years of reading charts; all he gets is margin "knocks".

He's a stool of means by no means, Doc of the Stools.

Next move best be down, or Doc may be leavin' town.

Broke, battered and "Anal"-less, what happens to the rest of us?

Yea he is a bit mule-ish, but what the heck, would you rather have Fleck?

He knows every Stoolie on every thread,

All of their nonsense is kept in his head.

And every stoolie without,

seven of these

Go ahead and order them please!

He's a Stool of means by no means.

Advice for free or not, he's the Doc of this motley lot

Next move best be right, or Doc may be leavin' town.

Broke, battered and "Anal"-less, then what happens to the rest of us?

Thirty years of reading charts; all he gets is margin "knocks".

He's a stool of means by no means, Doc of the Stools....

Doc's best idea for shorts!

shorts.jpg

B)

ScottCardiff,

QCharts software has several Hot Lists, one of which is unusual volume which continuously looks for any stocks significantly over their typical 65dav rate. I used it back in my heat mapping days a few years ago and they still offer it as part of their QCharts software. They also post this info for free on their website although you have to manually refresh

Unusual Volume Hotlist,

Archived