World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Empty embellishments

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

Not a particularly stunning day on the trading front: All Ords +0.1% and in the sectors, Utilities +2.2%, Consumer Staples -0.9% down to Gold -2.1%.

Over in Asia, China -0.3%, Hong Kong -0.1%, Japan -1.3%, India currently +0.3%.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

FAST FACTSPOSTS BY LEE ADLER Main Street Sucker Punched on the Housing “Recovery” – Now Fed Left No Way Out by Lee Adler •  September 27, 2016
Capture19.png

Whether you think there has been a housing “recovery” or not is a matter of perspective. Sales are indeed up 117% since the 2010 low, but that low was literally the worst level in the history of this data (since 1963) as a percentage of population growth. It was the Great Depression of Housing, the only possible result of the…

LATEST NEWS AND OPINION MUST READ My Kuroda! Bank Of Japan’s Targeting Of Yield Curve Goes The Wrong Way by Anthony B. Sanders •  September 27, 2016

japan10yposttarg-480x360.png

On September 21, 2016 (last than a week ago), Bloomberg has this headline: “BOJ Shifts Policy Framework to Targeting Japan’s Yield Curve.

MUST READ Is Inequality Rising or Falling? by James Kwak •  September 27, 2016
screen-shot-2016-09-27-at-1-07-00-pm-480

By James Kwak Last week, Council of Economic Advisers chair Jason Furman took to the Washington Post to announce that President Obama has “narrowed the inequality gap.

MUST READ Income was Too Good to be True by Rodney Johnson •  September 27, 2016

The Census Bureau reported that median income jumped 5.2% last year. As I pointed out last week, that’s a solid increase, but…

FAST FACTSPOSTS BY LEE ADLER Main Street Sucker Punched on the Housing “Recovery” – Now Fed Left No Way Out by Lee Adler •  September 27, 2016
Capture19-480x286.png

Whether you think there has been a housing “recovery” or not is a matter of perspective. Sales are indeed up 117% since the 2010 low,…

MUST READ The Donald Nailed It: “We Are In A Big Fat Ugly Bubble” by David Stockman •  September 27, 2016
Capture2-480x2871-480x287-480x287.png

Most of the 90 minutes last night was a waste—with both candidates lobbing well-worn clichés, slogans and sound bites at the audience and each other. But there was one brief moment that made it all worthwhile. That was when Donald Trump peeled the bark off the Fed’s phony recovery narrative and warned that the stupendous stock market bubble it has created…

MUST READ DB Stock Hits a Record Low (and Our Puts Are Up 166%) by Michael E. Lewitt •  September 27, 2016

After DB stock fell below $12 this week, our readers cleaned up 166%. It’s not too late to play Deutsche Bank’s fall.

MUST READ The Next Stock Market Crash Could Be Caused by the Fed by Diane Alter •  September 27, 2016

As widely expected, the U.S. Federal Reserve left interest rates unchanged at its September FOMC meeting.

MUST READ Germany’s Deutsche Bank And Commerzbank Continue Slip Slidin’ Away by Anthony B. Sanders •  September 27, 2016
db0927161-480x360.png

Slip slidin’ away. That should be the anthem for both German banks, Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank. Deutsche Bank fell closer to 10 Euros per share this morning and Commerzbank fell to under 6 Euros per share.

MUST READ Dangerous Bubbles In Plain Sight by David Stockman •  September 26, 2016

Jesse Felder published an incisive bubble finance chart over the weekend. It is yet another reminder that Janet Yellen and her merry band of money printers are oblivious to the dangerous speculation and valuation excesses that their policies have implanted throughout the financial system. Relative to disposable income, the value of household financial assets now far exceeds the last two…

doc that was a really good article you wrote on the housing situation

we'd been talking about that since 2007 that mortgage rates would keep going down but fewer and fewer people would be able to buy

Thanks! I have actually gotten 3 compliments on this piece. I think that's a record. Even my client said it was great. Professors Sanders and Bos have also commented on the last 2 pieces on housing. 

Real estate is one of the few areas in which I was actually a qualified professional. :lol: 

I'm on a roll. A South Philly Italian roll. 

Thanks! I have actually gotten 3 compliments on this piece. I think that's a record. Even my client said it was great. Professors Sanders and Bos have also commented on the last 2 pieces on housing. 

Real estate is one of the few areas in which I was actually a qualified professional. :lol:

I'm on a roll. A South Philly Italian roll. 

make that 4 ... as always ...you back up up everything with facts...

thats why you would be a complete failure as a mainstream reporter :lol:

on another "housing"  note

I still believe the 1000 lb gorilla sitting in the corner is demographics.

I am at the front edge of the boomers at 68...and I am here to tell you there are a lot of boomers sitting in 4 bedroom two story..and a basement...too much house for 2 people...lots of stairs to climb and we are all getting older... most want to downsize and or move to their desired retirement location ..some still have a hefty house payment...  the waves of boomers retiring in the next 10 years  may well keep the lid on  price as supply exceeds demand... can't point to any facts to back this up ... I'm no Einstein but it just seems logical to me..

on another "housing"  note

I still believe the 600 lb gorilla sitting in the corner is demographics.

I am at the front edge of the boomers at 68...and I am here to tell you there are a lot of boomers sitting in 4 bedroom two story..and a basement...too much house for 2 people...lots of stairs to climb and we are all getting older... most want to downsize and or move to their desired retirement location ..some still have a hefty house payment...  the waves of boomers retiring in the next 10 years  may well keep the lid on  price as supply exceeds demand... can't point to any facts to back this up ... I'm no Einstein but it just seems logical to me..

no einstein

i am in total agreement with you

everyday i drive to work i see houses in various states of repair.  when i think of all the old people in them that can't or will soon be unable to take care of them and all the trucks driving around with trailers of lawn equipment i just can't see how they will all be needed by the young people who don't want them and can't afford them.

what a ticking time bomb that nobody sees

specie

we need to post more often especially since we agree :lol:

maybe we can get this site moving again

my thoughts on gold/gdx

everybody and their brother calling for one more hard down and then off to the races

My work shows we  may very well move sideways up till around Thanksgiving... then we takeoff..leaving all the dip buyers behind ...just like a true bull does... ;)

may even get a break above the highs at that point and then it appears to fail as it retest...but I am getting way ahead of myself with that one... :blink:

Archived