B4 The Bell, Tuezelday May 11

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VP Cheney going in today for a "routine" check of his pacemaker. Lots of chatter that he may run into some health problems before the Repub conv. So that shruby can distance himself from some of VPs political baggage and to put in a viable succesor. Condie and Colin are the favorites at this point. FWIW

Colin Powell as VP would be a great asset to GWB if Chainknee could be put out to pasture. Unfortunately short of Chainknee or Rummy suffering some kind of serious health problem, GWB will probably ride thier stock to zero - as they are behind the ME domination scheme that is the center of his presidency.

VP Cheney going in today for a "routine" check of his pacemaker. Lots of chatter that he may run into some health problems before the Repub conv. So that shruby can distance himself from some of VPs political baggage and to put in a viable succesor. Condie and Colin are the favorites at this point. FWIW

My guess is that Condie is much more probable as Colin is far too moderate on social issues for the Republican establishment.

Morning Crew- Looks like we open up-window at the Bell for the first 30 minutes-Note for today do NOT forget these numbers- the bullz need a close over 1093 to put in a shakey short term bottom and 1093 is also stiff resistance, the other side of the coin is yesterdays 1079.63 intra-day low any break of that and we crash. I have moved my stop from 1093 to 1095 risking 5 points per contract because I think they may get a stab over 1093 that will quickly retrace. Trail your stops and lock in your profits-Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

getting 20-30% of the 90% of African-Americans that vote for the Democrats should guarantee the result and Colin's selection would give a extra 300points to the DOW...for now...Condi on the other hand..lets just say major nightmare on wall street plus NO change on Bush's propects.

DJ Only Saudi Has Capacity To Up OPEC Oil Supplies -Algeria

ALGIERS (Dow Jones)--Saudi Arabia is the only Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries member with enough spare production capacity to increase crude oil output, Algeria's Energy and Mines Minister Chakib Khelil said Tuesday.

But he added that it would still not be enough to cool current high oil prices, which touched 13 1/2-year highs of $40 a barrel in the U.S. last week.

"It is Saudi Arabia which has the capacity to produce more oil, but even if they do it will have no impact on the prices, which will remain high," Khelil told reporters in the Algerian capital.

Dow Jones Newswires

The White House argues that Geneva convention does not apply in Iraq, Afghanistan or Gitmo - because we are not technically at war. jeesh

This is what happens when the political arm is also the policy arm in any

administration. Same as Nixon.

Archived