Your Inner Spock

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have got to figure out how you can both push up the TBones by 1 +14/32 while also having the dolor decline by 0.52.

How do you convince the foreign bagholders to keep it up?

The only ones who concern me are the Japanese who may well be laughing hysterically knowing that we're inexorably headed for zero rates and that 4% Bones are a really, really good deal.

Hahahahahaha. Heh. Heh. Ummm. :unsure:

Otherwise a jobs report that was off by 100K (or so) doesn't seem to warrant this sort of ramping.

Unless the ramping is in advance of another offering and Al wants a better yield for his buddy Snow.

Guest bullseatshitndie
I remain here at my tolerance...which has ended. Listen to wndy until June 2004, then short. I've been making money, how about you?

long until june 2004? don't think so. best case for bulls(those who will hold thru a decent correction next couple months) is a retest of highs being put in right now.

Just scanned some U.S. news sites -- not a peep of concern about the dollar's collapse. The Europeans are sure aware of it. And the Globe and Mail notes that the loonie's on the rise again.

Even if the dollar slide stopped here, it would feed through into consumer prices for months to come.

The total complacency about the dollar suggests it's going to take a white-knuckle crisis to wake up America. Since the U.S. doesn't (and never has) cared about the external value of its currency, the stock and bond markets are the only channels for foreign investors to send their message.

I just went outside the Quarry for a moment and there are six armed (with whatever those rifles are that look like AK's but are not) soldiers outside the Quarry with a german shepard (at least he had a german accent). We have a HSBC bank in the lobby of the Quarry and they are there to guard it. I guess it had to do with the attack on the terrorist HSBC last week.

Archived