B4 The Bell Thursday September 9

I find it interesting that there is so far no carry though in the bid for stocks that started last night after the sm closed. I was puzzled by the strength in futures trade last night because the market had closed so poorly. I wonder if the NOK upbeat news got leaked and some traders were buying based on this news. I doubt very much that the TXN news got people excited.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A large blast occurred at Australia's embassy in Jakarta.

_40051190_flag_203index_ap.jpg

Australia was a member of the coalition that invaded Iraq, and its prime minister John Howard faces an election on Oct. 9th.

Is there a parallel between this 9/9 Jakarta bombing of an Australian target, the 3/11 Madrid attack ... and potential threats to the U.S. election? :ph34r:

Just asking ... :huh:

Records Say Bush Refused to Comply with Direct Order: Commanding Officer Complained of Pressure to "Sugar Coat" Bush's Evaluations Even as Bush Was Ordered to be Suspended from Flying

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...3-2004Sep8.html

President Bush failed to carry out a direct order from his superior in the Texas Air National Guard in May 1972 to undertake a medical examination that was necessary for him to remain a qualified pilot, according to documents made public yesterday.

Too much coke in the system? :cry: :cry: :cry:

bush-pick.jpg

I find it interesting that there is so far no carry though in the bid for stocks that started last night after the sm closed. I was puzzled by the strength in futures trade last night because the market had closed so poorly. I wonder if the NOK upbeat news got leaked and some traders were buying based on this news. I doubt very much that the TXN news got people excited.

look at it from the perspective of trying to create a market reaction versus reacting to the market. I am not suggesting manipulation. Rather an extremely bullish mindset has created the atmosphere where many believe that any sign of weakness is a bottoming action. Given that the sox is at a 52wk low many naturally believe that it must be a bottom.

Many believed that TXN would warn but adopted the attitude: "if its not a disaster than it is good" TXN cut numbers but didnot slash them. They were helped by a most fortunately timed change in tax rates. (of course which tax rate is used for financial reporting is entirely at the discretion of mgmt)

Likewise NOK raised guidance above a level that they set at then end of July. In July they slashed numbers, today they raise them ever so slightly. The rabidly bullish reactions to these events, which can objectively be considered spin, are not what I would expect to see at a real bottom in the market.

saw the premier of the new john sayles film Silver City last night. Well done portrayal of the shrub as the not to bright front man of the extreme right. great flick. starts sept 18th. dharma

saw the premier of the new john sayles film Silver City last night. Well done portrayal of the shrub as the not to bright front man of the extreme right. great flick. starts sept 18th.  dharma

Sounds like what I've thought all along!

If they can get a second-rate actor elected,then why not a total eejit.

Bet it all started as a sort of dare!All those bright neo-cons sitting around thinking how smart they are and convincing one one another that with enough money and knowledge of social engineering and psychology,they could get the American people to vote in a complete dolt as a president.

When he nearly won the election they realised how close they were to winning their bet and decided that they were too close to let it fail!!

Bet they all prance about in private imitating the big swinging dick traders of the late 90's.Who rules the world?We do,We do.Four more Wars!

Archived