More Spinning

F.M. is planning to be on vacation the final 2 wks of December.... All I can say, is that many years stupid things happen in this timeframe... Y2K plays in 1998 come immediately to mind... Of course the World didn't end on 1/1/2000 but the Y2K play ended shortly after a stupidass rally near the end of December of 1998... Whatever direction they go at the end of the month here, the street is likely to reverse after the holiday, so be advised...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GTN- On real estate why would you or anyone want to buy a property at the top of the market??? Prices in some areas are rolling over but they are still close to an alltime high? Wait for a year to 18 months and then take your pick for super cheap as the banks firesale all the foreclosures they will have coming out of their ears. Also although prices are still high-Wolf man in Denver posted here recently-house aren't selling period. Ditto said a posting in Portland-ditto said a posting in Seattle! Buy a 490 Jan.put on the oex and sit-you'll make some dough and since you are deep in the money-you will sleep well. Take care-Trade Safe! p.s. 18 months and I will buying real estate!

Yep, interesting isn't it? Just like JDSU at 100 - you knew the price wouldn't hold, but you still had to cover your short... We're not quite at the Nasdaq 5000 level on Real Estate, but we're close... time to get ready to sell, if that's your game, you have 6 months to get it done, or forget it...

Speaking of bad news to spook investors:

Today's paper had a little article about how the Mayo Clinic is seeking volunteers to try a new smallpox vaccine. I had posted elsewhere that it was possible to make a safer vaccine and found it inexplicable that there was not a crash program to make one. Well, apparently indeed there was such a program.

However now they're going to proceed with inoculating the military and then, emergency workers. Not going to wait for the new, presumably safer vaccine.

Kind of makes you stop and think, eh?

Dogboy and Butt- I'm an old Japan hand traveled there for many years so a Japan story-about what is coming here SOON. A good friend of mine 38 yrs old at the time, Princeton educated fluent in english an up and comer Manager with one of the big 3 in Japan. After we had got to know one another paid me the round eye a great compliment he invited me to his home to meet the wife and family-21/2 hours by train and a 20 minute walk we arrived at home. Walked up 7 flights to a 2 bedroom 750 sq ft condo cozy, 50 inch tv, decently furnished which cost hime 300k U.S. they have a car (Toyota) which they use on the weekends. He normally gets home at 10 pm and is at his desk at 8:30 a.m which means he rises at 5 a.m they take a 3 week vacation once a year with his yr end bonus. That was 10 yrs ago-no bonus now-same condo-same car-this optimistic, bright eyed guy is now a shell of what he was and is as pessimistic as his countrymen. Used to travel here 3 times a year now maybe once in two years-made a 100k U.S. then now 125k U.S. would easily make 250K over here but won't leave Japan-family, country etc. these wonderful people have been screwed over and over by there government and don't have the will to fight anymore. Trade Safe!

From David Chapman:

"The Fed can continue to pump the money supply and maintain the low interest rate environment. But maintaining low interest rates in the face of a falling dollar and falling bond prices (rising yields) has never worked. Similarly the new Treasury Secretary may launch further fiscal stimulus. But this will add to the deficits and further spook the bond market. "

Between a rock and a hard place?

My mini obsession with the credit 'insurers' had the mind spinning as MBIa was up 6.5% today. This bitch was publicly slapped the other day and this is what happens. Well, they are probably the most important companies in the world and so they have plenty of friends.

I know muni bond insurance is just a sidelight for these guys now but when state and local governments are as bad off as they have been in generations one would think even thick skulls might put 2+2 together. It is funny that with all the talk of 'unconventional measures' by the fed the words municipal bond is nowhere in sight. Treasures sure. Corporates, no problem. ABS's, well maybe, we'll think about it, But municipals, no way, that is goddamn government. Have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. Till MBIA comes knocking on the door I suppose. Hey, (slapping forehead) these things are a buy!

The Refi machine is slowing down and if there is a choice of raising stocks or raising bonds, and thus lowering long rates, I think the latter is the preferred course. Doc can now put new low on the 10 years cmap, I'm not suprised. He was rooting for the bottom being in for the last couple of months but we all know that this is the mother bull now and it's more important than stocks.

Is everybody ready for one more round of mortgage madness? How about 50 years at 4.9%.

Speaking of bad news to spook investors:

Today's paper had a little article about how the Mayo Clinic is seeking volunteers to try a new smallpox vaccine. I had posted elsewhere that it was possible to make a safer vaccine and found it inexplicable that there was not a crash program to make one. Well, apparently indeed there was such a program.

However now they're going to proceed with inoculating the military and then, emergency workers. Not going to wait for the new, presumably safer vaccine.

Kind of makes you stop and think, eh?

With GW doing his best to sound like a raving lunatic by talking about nuking people, nothing that the government does is going to be much of a surprise. All the war talk, homeland secruity and everything else the government is saying and doing has a very bad smell to it. I just can't get away from the idea that it is all about the economy and that reactor has reached critical mass and is about to blow the roof off the containment vessel. I find this all deeply troubling and can't see how it is going to have a good outcome for the country and the American people.

Quiet tonight and this chart can't be read in a smaller size. Looks to be rolling over. Major trend, long time frame use only.

wsc

The Global Futures Large Block Index is calculated from the number of upticks and downticks in large block transactions of single trades of 10 000 shares and over. An uptick is at a price higher than the last previous trade and initiated by a buyer. A downtick is at a price lower than the previous trade and initiated by a seller. The rationale behind the Large Block Index is quite simple. It measures activities and extremes in institutional sentiment and behavior. When the ratio of upticks rises to very high levels, it indicates that the institutions are buying heavily, reaching a fully invested position and therefore lowering their cash reserves.

Conversely, when the ratio of downticks rises to high levels, it indicates that the institutions are selling and are raising cash. When the institutional behavior reaches extremes, the market will turn in a contrary direction. This indicator has often signaled major reversals and has also prevented investors from plunging into the market at the wrong time. The chart below shows you this indicator on a 10-day moving average.

post-7-1039669468_thumb.jpg

Desparation? Desparation is a mere footnote to what you call the simultaneous, and pandomonium pumping going on this market. it amazes me all the reasons to buy stocks these days.

pension Funds desparate

window dressing

lots of liquidity

the moon is full

maria changed her hair...

The bottom line is that the public should be outraged that people come on crapvision and say they need to buy stocks to window dress, or because of the January effect! The sheep should be selling like mad because not once in 6 months have I heard the word VALUATIONS be mentioned on crapvision. And if it has, its based on some random pro forma , mutliple charge excluding numbers. With all this mayhem and massive government interference there is no doubt in my mind that we will witness the largest crash in US stock history ever....its unavoidable at this time...its a shame that the government couldnt let business cycles run their course with recessions along the way. in the midst of all this bubble blowing and borrowing from future growth we run the risk of actually seeing a depression...sad and sickening. Would a year or 2 recession been so bad with a stock market where real "investors" could step in be so bad? Would it have been so bad to let companies work out their balance sheet issues? I guess so...Now, I can say this.....I will NEVER "INVEST" in this crooked market no matter what happens. I do my due diligence and what do I get in return half the time? A jam job of the crappiest stocks on the planet....sure I make lots of money on the way back don, but the rollercoaster ride is getting out of control....Too bad matrix...Not only are you creating a crash scenario, you are systematically deterring the ones who could have come in with big money to buy stocks on the cheaps if they ever got there......f*ck em now...they can kiss my SHORTS!!!!! eeeeeehaaaa

Guest BEARDRECH

Can you believe this? This is actually worse than that idiot anal cyst recommending BRCM because the CFO was exhibiting ?favorable body language? during a conference call.

Favorable body language

Ah ha ha ha ha! The prick CFO was mentally adding up how millions he could recover selling stock and options into his Crapvision pump and dump. Just another Distribution pimp filling his own pocket at Joe and Betty six-pack's expense via the idiotic six figure portfolio sphyncters lapping up his piss! :P

ACCORDING TO THE brodcasting canon applicable to proper body language, as i understand it the following rule prevails;

If a crapbroadcaster adressing an audience openly and publicly unzippers his fly, and then exposes his pendant member in full view of said audience, and while holding said member with one hand while inserting remaining hand up his own rectum thus performing an act of illicit sexual ventriloquization, he is to be summarily turned into a hi-c shreiking soprano by immediate castration and a fifty dollar fine---

furthermore there is no appeal from said penalty

Gloss on Broadsuckers Rulebook Canon 1 article 1 by

yours truly beardrech

Archived