Completely unstoppable....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my house out of a foreclosure at the county sheriffs sale a couple of years ago. I think I am a victim and want my money back because its not now worth what I paid for it. I was victimized.

Do you suppose I may have to give it back to the evictee? Will he pay me for all the improvements I made..... like filling the holes he punched in the walls and replacing all the bathrooms? Inquiring minds want to know. Give me my purchase price and the bank can have it back.

Food news for anyone who missed it...

Corn rallies to two-year high after crop forecast

Soybeans, wheat prices also rise after report shows tight supply

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — Corn and other grains futures shot up Friday after a U.S. Department of Agriculture report pointed to the tightest supply and demand balance for corn in 14 years.

The Agriculture Department on Friday forecast a 2010-11 corn crop 3.8% smaller than government expectations just a month ago, as a hot Midwest summer preceded by floods in June takes its toll.

The Agriculture Department said it now expects corn production to reach 12.66 billion bushels, from 13.16 billion forecast in September. September’s forecast itself had been a downgrade from August. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/corn-at-two-year-high-after-crop-forecast-cut-2010-10-08

Another site says it is: "the second tightest in the past 35 years".

up 9% http://stockcharts.c...allery.html?GRU

Ukraine will limit grain exports for the rest of this year, but needs a few days to clarify.

Indonesia, the world’s third-largest rice producer, may have to import 300,000 metric tons of the grain, the first bulk purchase since 2007, to meet an expected shortfall in government supplies, Bulog executives said.

“The combined shortfalls [in the US, Europe, Russia and Ukraine] present a much tighter supply picture than just a few months ago,” the USDA said. http://www.ft.com/home/uk

A Merill Lynch guy said yesterday, no link, they are expecting Fed purchases of $500 billion of Treasuries over 6 months. The consensus is being refined and built before our eyes. If they don't cancel QL 1.5, which they probably will, that would be over $110 billion a month. Insanity.

Sure is quiet around here. Wonder what that means . . . :unsure:

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Crazy Canucks! :D

Same to you, eh? We're going out for poutine to celebrate, eh? I like mine with ground beef. How bout you, eh? I hear that poutine is becoming popular out in the Anglo provinces, eh?

Anyway, Bon Fete!

Same to you, eh? We're going out for poutine to celebrate, eh? I like mine with ground beef. How bout you, eh? I hear that poutine is becoming popular out in the Anglo provinces, eh?

Anyway, Bon Fete!

I looked it up and there were all of 6 places in Chicago reported to serve poutine. This story from 07 says there were 3 in NYC at the time.

“When I started asking about it, I got one of two responses,” he said. “It was either: ‘Oh here’s my favorite poutine place; you must go...’, or else it was: ‘Oh my God, why do you want to eat that stuff?’ It’s a veritable food phenomenon; half the people are embarrassed it exist"

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/23/dining/23pout.html?_r=1

I think poutine's time may have arrived. Cheap comfort food. Perfect for university towns in the vicinity of nightlife areas. Cities too. I may be changing my name to Maurice.

Anyway, Bon Fete!

What to do with all the left-over turkey:

Turkey Poutine!

...home cut fries fried in special oil [or bake in hot oven on cookie sheet with special oil concoctions, herbs, spices, sprinkled liberally or not so liberally with oil and herb mix]

...small, medium and largish turkey slices, chunks [white and dark]

...damn good homemade turkey gravy [best option, but any store bought substitute will do]

...if cheeze curds ain't happenin', cube a variety of cheeses, include at least one zingy, sharp variety for that surprise bite! A blue, veiny cheeze or flaming jalapenos can be added, depending on strength of hangover

...throw in a healthy portion of turkey stuffing, sprinkled and broken liberally with fingers all over the fries on the plate.

...large chunks of cubed QQQ`s, SPY`s and DIA`s add extra satisfaction for wiping up excess leftover gravy on the plate. :P :D :lol:

If you were looking for a house or moving to a new city and had the need to buy a house, would you dare buy a short sale or a foreclosure? All this news has to put a virtual lock on the distressed REO market.

Given the paltry number of buyers out there, maybe it helps the schmoe who is just trying to sell but not under any duress.

I've been competing with lots of distress & bank sales, maybe I will get some re-focused traffic. Hmmm, there's always hope...... well maybe not real hope, but it sounds good and in this market thats all I got.

Archived