Hotmail

You've heard of dogs biting mailmen, but how about the mail biting mailmen? It nearly happened. This, which gives new meaning to the expression You've Got Mail!, from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution of 11/16/03 :

Milwaukee Postal Workers Find Live Alligator Chewing Through Shipping Carton

MILWAUKEE (AP) - A four-foot alligator chewed its way out of a shipping carton before a postal worker tossed it into a hamper and called animal control officers. Employees were sorting mail Friday when they noticed the alligator chewing its way out of an Express Mail box, said JoAnne Blackburn, a Postal Service spokeswoman.

Workers tried to tape the box closed, but the alligator bit it open.

"The nose ... was sticking out with its teeth hanging out," said postal employee Jennifer Hejdak. She said a co-worker picked it up by its tail and threw it in a hamper.

The alligator will remain at a shelter for a week before being shipped to a northern Illinois sanctuary, said Len Selkurt, executive director of the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control. The sanctuary owner will then take it to Florida, he said.

Alligators longer than 20 inches are not allowed to be sent through the mail, and officials said the shipment from Milwaukee to Colorado was under review.

Do any of you know anything about this? Like was the addressee AG?

And a reminder to all you Victoria's Secret fans out there :) - their annual fashion show, held in New York last week, will be televised at 10 PM ET tonight on CBS.

. 11_million_bra.jpg

Supermodel Heidi Klum wearing the

$11 million 2003 holiday "Fantasy Bra"

encrusted with 2,809 white diamonds,

sapphires, and amethysts.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comforting words from the Matrix for worried small investors:

If investors pull money out of all stock funds, aren't they likely to put it into alternatives such as exchange-traded funds or separately managed accounts, where it will find its way back into the stock market? ? ? ? ? ?

However pervasive the problem at mutual funds, it is no logical reason to forsake stocks for some other asset class. The world economy itself isn't under legal attack here. Right now, as a matter of fact, growth prospects for many businesses are on the rise. ? ? ? ? ?

By this reasoning, a good place to be in the event of any stampede out of mutual funds would be the stock market, on the other side of the traumatized trades!

How to Face the Stampede: Lying Down

Fear not, little sheeple! If you worry too much, your pretty wool pelt won't grow.

Before the open yesterday, they ran IVAN up in the premarket and shorted it on the open. That's why I need to remind myself in the future to always sell a stock when it gaps up. I always knew that IVAN would eventually pull back quite significantly. There was also the possibility that it would make a run for the high volume top at $7.55, hit it with lower volume and then turn back down. After yesterday's high volume reversal day (and seeing the stock having traded as low as $5.40 in after hours) I think it could be good judgement to jump ship.

post-3-1069244804_thumb.jpg

Beautiful charts Maxxi!

We have so may great chartists, poodits and anlycysts here at the Stool! We need to set up a committee for awarding of the annual Stoolbel prizes in Charting and other categories. You stoolies can nominate and vote, and I'll send the winner a mug. First lets decide on categories. Then we'll nominate candidates. I'm going to open a thread on LOB for this weighty discussion. Click Here

World Toilet Summit

The World Toilet Organization has launched a campaign to promote clean lavatories.

The Singapore-based group has issued a list of recommendations ahead of World Toilet Day on Wednesday.

These includes wiping toilet seats both before and after use, and reporting flushes that do not work.

What a coincidence. I just finished my own summit.

Archived