Major Sell Signal

Termites are considered a delicacy for HUMANS in places like Botswana where protein is scarce. Insects are an excellent source of animal protein. There was a move decades ago to make a protein powder from insects for use in 3rd world countries, particularly for children, but the outcry squelched that plan pretty quick.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like J. Adams Blog

http://spiritoftruthblog.org/

On this score, we are potentially at a very important juncture since, as I blogged about a few days ago, we are currently in a Puetz eclipse crash window. Accordingly, a major financial panic might unfold next week with the DJIA failing at the psychologically important 10,000 mark.

And what about the time before there were tools and fire, which have been around for a relatively short period in our evolution?

How many other mammals on this planet cook their food?

And if we were unable to cook meat, and we had to kill our meat with our bare hands, would we be omnivores?

I guess the question is, have fire and hunting tools been available long enough for humans to completely adapt to meat consumption?

Or have we only partially adapted, and that is why there seems to be such links to animal protein and western type diseases, where far more meat and dairy are consumed.

In any event, after having eaten both types of diets, I can say that I feel better, and weight control is not even something I have to think about on a primarily vegan diet. And I do take some B-12, just in case.

Well chimps and baboons do kill and eat raw meat with their bare hands and many other monkeys (inc lemurs) have been observed to eat young chicks from nests in the wild. Sometimes zoo give lemurs (cooked) chicken once in a while to supplement their diet.

Partially adapted? - even after hundreds of thousands of years of meat eating?

Europe has been occupied for at least 50,000 yrs, in that time your ancestors consumed meat as their primary nutrition source. Your vegan diet is a big departure from that and certainty not one available to your ancestors until v recently.

Suspect oily fish & eggs would really add a lot of valuable nutrition to a vegan diet with no added risk and provide that B12.

Some reasonable sounding criticisms of that china study on Amazon reviews around the narrowness of its scope. But I have not read the book so can't comment on it directly.

In any cases, I suspect the over riding contributor here is genetics. My mothers aunt died recently at 90. She ate the traditional Irish diet for people of her generation all her life. Salty bacon, beef or chicken every day, always accompanied by potatoes and one veg. Plus a relatively high refined sugar intake in the form of biscuits or cake which her generation are fond of since they were considered a luxury food when they were young. Not saying that this is a good thing. Personally, I shy away from refined sugar.

My mothers aunt died recently at 90. She ate the traditional Irish diet for people of her generation all her life. Salty bacon, beef or chicken every day, always accompanied by potatoes and one veg. Plus a relatively high refined sugar intake in the form of biscuits or cake which her generation are fond of since they were considered a luxury food when they were young. Not saying that this is a good thing. Personally, I shy away from refined sugar.

Attention speakers of U.S. English, "biscuits" in this case are what we call "cookies." :lol:

To further complicate things, people born before 1935 were in large part NOT exposed to chemicals in their childhood and adolescence. I suspect the baby boomer and later generations will find life expectancy going down again.

I find it unbelievable that the President and Vice-President would be seated next to each other in the front row of a public arena with tens of thousands of people. So they put the attendees through metal detectors, big deal.

What are they thinking?

http://my.earthlink.net/article/pol?guid=2...d6-ca86f1a1cc19

what would be so bad about president pelosi?

Well chimps and baboons do kill and eat raw meat with their bare hands and many other monkeys (inc lemurs) have been observed to eat young chicks from nests in the wild. Sometimes zoo give lemurs (cooked) chicken once in a while to supplement their diet.

Partially adapted? - even after hundreds of thousands of years of meat eating?

Europe has been occupied for at least 50,000 yrs, in that time your ancestors consumed meat as their primary nutrition source. Your vegan diet is a big departure from that and certainty not one available to your ancestors until v recently.

Suspect oily fish & eggs would really add a lot of valuable nutrition to a vegan diet with no added risk and provide that B12.

Some reasonable sounding criticisms of that china study on Amazon reviews around the narrowness of its scope. But I have not read the book so can't comment on it directly.

In any cases, I suspect the over riding contributor here is genetics. My mothers aunt died recently at 90. She ate the traditional Irish diet for people of her generation all her life. Salty bacon, beef or chicken every day, always accompanied by potatoes and one veg. Plus a relatively high refined sugar intake in the form of biscuits or cake which her generation are fond of since they were considered a luxury food when they were young.

If it was just the China Study that came to that conclusion, I would not have taken the steps to change my diet. The evidence from an ever growing multitude of studies that have come out over the last 10-15 years or so pretty much all point to the same things....the Western Diet, full of saturated fat and refined carbs, is leading to massive amounts of unnecessary disease.

I know of people who have lived to 90 who were smokers. That doesn't mean that smoking is healthy for you....I know many more who have died in their 50's.....

But Galileo got put under house arrest for suggesting that the earth rotated around the sun, so it does not surprise me that it will take some time before we see the pitfalls of the Rich Man's Diet, especially with such big money interests trying their best to squelch the information.....even Campbell himself was a big proponent of the Western Diet until he did the research to prove to himself otherwise....

Again...DYODD

Sometimes this board cracks me up! :lol: We are at an VERY important phase for the markets and there could be lots of important and interesting discussion about the market yet we discuss PEANUT BUTTER!

I say: BIRD is the word! Suuuurffffiiinnnnnnn! :lol:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184.swf

On top of that I am trying to trade the currency gap here which is a regular money maker for me and my IG browser is hanging up and won't let me trade Grr!!!!!!!

Sometimes this board cracks me up! :lol: We are at an VERY important phase for the markets and there could be lots of important and interesting discussion about the market yet we discuss PEANUT BUTTER!

uh..... are you not aware that EVERY SINGLE EFFING TIME there has been a major move in the market, there have been red-line readings in the Anger-O-Meter, and totally off-topic crap like peanut butter and genetics get discussed? One of the MOST reliable indicators we've got.

:lol: but true

who ISN'T looking for some kind of bounce here.

I'm not.

I expect a maSSive gapdown on the open Monday, then a free-fall until they halt trading.

Same thing Tuesday.

And Wednesday.

And Thursday.

And Friday.

Seriously, who is both willing and able to buy common stocks here?

The able smart folk ain't willing, and the willing dumb folk ain't able.

the days of steak dinners, hookers and booze are OVER fer all them RE geniusi

these daze they huddle in 99-cent hamburger jernts, chokin' and breakin' their teeth on grizzle 'N' bonebit bargainburgers, wild-eyed and desperate, swappin' schemes fer strippin' off second mrotgouges, buyin' 'N' bailin', setups fer scorin' Ch 7 not Ch 13, and keepin' their sorry liarloan backsides outta arse-poundin' prison fer mrotgouge fraud

Archived