Welcome to "The January Effect"

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

that is, Back from long drive and a minor profit at da Track.

and

Dear Stoolville: your jickiss is thinking that, other than for interday quick scalps,

perhaps we will get a clearer picture,

"after the swearing."

here is why: the yield on the 10-year. to your jickiss, the 3 year weekly chart shows "potential" to advance to the 5% yield level.

this is not a prediction. but, seriously, if rates go up, after the 20th, who will care?

as rates move towards 5%, we move, in chop, towards point 23.

Gold is moving in a Bullish downward wedge, right now.

USDX is moving in a Bearish rising wedge, right now.

your jickiss is long gg on -0- margin. just 100% long.

so the margin account has plenty of buying power....

jickiss likes the PAAS idea. but like CDE, we need the right signal.

jickiss likes the GERN idea. this could be a monster up stock. Tanks Marky Mark.

jickiss likes (who can say today?) whatever stock will go up the most,

after some fires burn in Saudi Land, and EARL is moving toward $69 the bbl.

Any ideas as to the best lower-priced EARL that will go up the most if Earl moves towards $69/bbl?

jickiss is too tired to look up, on the Mining Web, the listinging of the "in the ground" cost of gold, per share, for the various miners...

jickiss recalls that DROOY was on the order of $25.00 doolars/oz., whilst GG was Waayyy High......

jickiss also recalls that DROOY mgt discussed a dividend, but backed off.

jickiss recommends that, if there are any longs in DROOY, that these longs

Email DROOY and ask them about Dividends.

when the south africans went waaayyy up, in the last giant bull market in gold,

they paid 10% dividends.

now, were are the dividends??? no big dividends, yet, if ever.

gg pays every month.

jickiss still has a target of 1.60 for the Cando.

jickiss still has a White Knight target on gg of $30.00 usa.

also, jickiss wants to know if any have read what Geo. Ure posted, in re something up in Antartica??? that would be at urbansurvival.com. it is Very Interesting. Very. Very much so.

finally, Mr. James Dines, years ago, in (if we use a term of "art") the Last Crisis, recommended that all of his subscribers think about "Mobility and Liquidity."

Mobility and Liquidity in a crisis. Is this not what Marky Mark is describing, when he describes recent greater success in trading. Mobility = Quick Movements of the Coin in the Account. Liquidity = Getting back to cash before the close. It makes sense to wait for a trend to emerge, before betting for weeks and weeks. this is the lesson of gg, perhaps.

finally, your jickiss, ever dropping all of those "silly little pieces of advice,"

is Totally Convinced

that most traders do their best when they are not trying too hard.

In Plain English, if you are tired, or uncertain, or the charts are not talking,

it is better to sit in 100% cash, and to just watch.

for

it is best to make -0- mistakes, hour by hour, and day by day.

mistakes are for losers. winners win. sounds dumb, but start by

Not Losing. Observe, use the system that you like, and don't be afraid to sell, the second that anything gets jammed against your own expectations.

this applies to crossing the street, racing the Bike, or trading the Account.

for, fellow BEARS,

our day will come!

acres of diamonds are ahead. 10-year yield at 5% soon????

Machine Head, does Chapter II discuss un-expected increases in yields????

jickiss says that Real Emotional Genuine Non-Manipulated Swearing will be heard AFTER THE 20th.

just hold fast! (and get your ear-plugs ready).....

enter the 10-year yield:

post-1911-1105337925_thumb.jpg

THE ASIAN BABE RESUBSTANTIATION GRADED B MINUS

Wyndsrf

They managed to resubstantiate NTES

They sought of half managed to resubstantiate SINA

They didnt bother at all with SOHU (the weakest of the three sisters)

A rather half hearted effort if you ask me.

The pools that manage these stocks only get a B minus for this effort.

Must do better next rally Im afraid.

The up move is over any way - SINA the weakest leading the way down.

Out of a possible 9 points eg 3 points if they get each stock to a new high I give them 0 for SOHU, 1.5 for SINA and 2 for NTES

3.5 points out of 9 - not a very good score.

NTES will be the last to break being the strongest.

I took some profits on semi shorts last week but want to be ready to add more.  SOX is approaching 400 and INTC is going to make some lies up this week, so a bounce is possible.  Don't think it will get too far though.

It continues to amaze me that there are not more shorts on INTC. The way I look at it is their earnings and "lies" are likely to move the rest of the sector more than INTC itself. Why?

Short Ratio (as of 8-Dec-04): 0.546

Short % of Float (as of 8-Dec-04): 0.70%

That's why.

Shorts covering? What shorts?

THE NAME IS PERFECT

KRISPY CREAMED

or should it be KRISPY CRISPED

The name of the CEO is Livengood

HAS LIVENGOOD BEEN LIVING BAD

The double intendre of the names is just perfect for a headline

Livengood is living on borrowed time (Couldnt help myself with that one)

All the bad stuff hidden in the franchises al la BOSTON CHICKEN.

From the beginning, Boston Chicken was a story stock with all the air of legitimacy. On the day of its initial public offering back in November 1993, this bird soared from a split-adjusted $10 to a high of $23. Investors salivated over the prospect of CEO Scott Beck, one of Wayne Huizenga's former lieutenants at Blockbuster Video, creating a fast-growing chain of restaurants focused on "healthy" home-style meals of rotisserie chicken and fresh-cooked vegetables for baby boomers too busy to do the kitchen thing. The food tasted good and Wall Street anal cysts were gaga over the concept, so individual investors had little trouble imagining the Chicken would become the McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) of the '90s. There was a lot of hope and hype built into the share price from the beginning, as the shares sported a price-to-sales ratio around 15 by the end of 1993. The stock eventually flew to an all-time high of $41 1/2 in December 1996 before entering its death-spiral descent.

The key to the story was the store-level operating profits, or lack thereof. The challenge for investors, though, was that Boston Chicken is a franchisor, and its public filings made it difficult for investors to understand the store-level economics. All they really had to go on was the weekly per-store average (WPSA) sales figure. Although the Chicken's accounting was accurate, it surely deceived many investors who took the company's reportedly growing earnings per share at face value.

Of course the Franchisees get sweet heart deals to sell their dog loss making franchises back to the company at vastly inflated values and walk away with the money - the insiders have long since sold out their shares at the top as well.

Remember - PLANET HOLLYWOOD

Why do the suckers fall for the same old trick?????????????

The rats are jumping through the donut porthole and swimming for their lives.

Livengood joined Krispy Kreme in 1977 as a personnel trainee when the company had fewer than 90 restaurants and was owned by Beatrice Foods. He became chief executive in 1998 and chairman the following year.

His compensation including salary and bonus in the year ended Feb. 1 was $791,102, down from $1 million a year earlier, according to SEC filings. He sold 235,500 Krispy Kreme shares on Aug. 25, 2003, for $43.84 a share, or $10.3 million, four days after the shares had peaked, according to a court filing.

My presumption is there is probably not enough cash left in the company to honor all its franchise buyback commitments.

So its the fortunate few with enough inside corporate favor who will get their money out, while the ones without any corporate clout will be be waving their worthless buyback clauses at the liquidator.

FILLING THE PASCALS WAGER GAP

Thankyou Henry Blodget - the guy writes great articles over at Slate.

He doesnt have anything to lose now as he has already lost everything - career wise.

These realities create what might be described as Pascal's Wager for Brokerage anal cysts, a risk/reward equation that, when everyone else is positive, makes it risky to be negative:

* If the anal cyst is positive and right, he or she gets one point (it's good to be right, but others usually share the credit).

* If the anal cyst is positive and wrong, he or she loses one point (a black eye, but others share the pain and blame).

* If the anal cyst is negative and right, he or she gets three points (companies and investors scream, but everyone respects a good call, and sooner or later they'll come groveling back).

* If the anal cyst is negative and wrong, he or she loses ten points (companies, investors, and bankers scream, the stock rises, and, in addition to trashing relationships, the anal cyst becomes the village idiot).

Capital Stool exisits because here can be said the things that cannot be said in the mainstream financial press - because the law of pascals wager does not exist here.

In the mainstream - they cannot say sell because the cost is too great.

Its much cheaper to say sell here. The law of Pascals Wager does not apply in this forum.

Dozer, much though it dismays me to agree totally with you :lol: :lol: :lol: the other thing in the doom-saying silver supply scenario (ssssss) is: silver is re-cyclable. A pilot program here is recycling electronic gear -- the profit they're making from getting metals back is more than paying for the cost of the recycling. Think of all the silver that exists in the world that, if the price were right, would come onto the market. Some silver really is consumed and not able to be recycled (I think Charmin posted a site about a year ago for a do-it-yourself colloidal silver device, so that you can drink the stuff as an anti-bacterial/fungal) -- but an awful lot of it can be recycled.

DN :ph34r:  :ph34r: So where is your new silver mine located, Drano?

===== Right here in the local landfill. I'm mining for computer monitors and TV sets.....

Drano

I have a deal with my urologist---he measures,for free, the caliber of my Golden Arch and I give him permisssion to distill it for the colloidal silver

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: No rest for the wicked I cant even take a piss without negotiating its having a codicil pertaining to beneficiaries--I will not expand on the ultimate recycling turn where like Krudlow/Kramer Excrement becomes Aliment

Archived