IDS World Markets Fri 4th December 09

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its all your fault!!!

BEIJING, Dec 4 (Reuters) - A senior Chinese government official has blamed some of the leading foreign banks for designing complex financial products that triggered losses by state-owned enterprises last year.

Writing in the official Study Times journal, Li Wei, deputy director of the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC), said 68 Chinese firms suffered net losses of 11.4 billion yuan ($1.67 billion) on call and put options signed with foreign banks.

He blamed Goldman Sachs (GS.N), Citigroup (C.N), Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley (MS.N) and other international banks for providing "extremely complicated" and difficult to understand derivatives products.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSPEK2426...ype=marketsNews

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. Due to a deluge of spam registrations, I review all registrations so it may take a day or so for your registration to be approved.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $49 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

If someone tried to sell me something that was extremely complicated and difficult to understand I would politely tell them to insert it in their rectum.

I thought there was a separate thread for the AGW Global Warming discussion.

It's almost time...

Short below 50 dma.

Still short from Black Friday. A little under water, butt starting to get encouraged. All we need is a little help from the unemployment figures today. Or, maybe the trashury's $135b invoice can get the ball rolling. Someone please give the bears a hand.

post-4028-1259929686.jpg

So now you can't even take delivery on a Comex gold futures contract. Everything is settled in paper. I wonder where the Chinese will turn next?

http://wallstreetpit.com/12586-more-eviden...acts-with-paper

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2...r-physical.html

FWIW, everything I read indicates there is a point in time that is quickly approaching when gold will be completely unavailable at any price. With demand being driven from the deep pockets of foreign countries right down to the paultry savings of mom and pop, the final moonshot has begun. Maybe if the doolar carry trade unwinds we'll see some selling, but it will only be temporary. Once the physical runs out, there will be no ceiling on the price. The signs of this happening are evident everywhere you look (esp. look at the price!).

So now you can't even take delivery on a Comex gold futures contract. Everything is settled in paper. I wonder where the Chinese will turn next?

http://wallstreetpit.com/12586-more-eviden...acts-with-paper

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2...r-physical.html

FWIW, everything I read indicates there is a point in time that is quickly approaching when gold will be completely unavailable at any price. With demand being driven from the deep pockets of foreign countries right down to the paultry savings of mom and pop, the final moonshot has begun. Maybe if the doolar carry trade unwinds we'll see some selling, but it will only be temporary. Once the physical runs out, there will be no ceiling on the price. The signs of this happening are evident everywhere you look (esp. look at the price!).

Yeah. Uhh. Hu hu. Hey Beavis? Hu hu.. What is ti Butthead? heeh heeh.

Persts like that make me think that the top is already in.

When things just gotta move higher .. they're sometimes done.

Dow 30,000.

Mother Nature.com

$147 Earl.

Getting bearish here, at club Rationalize.

post-2117-1259932143.jpg

Archived