B4 the Bell Thursday

Right on Sherlock. There is something in those documents that will not

see the cleansing light of day. Concur that Halliburton is upto its eyeballs

in the crap those documents would disclose. Count on it.

KBR recruited heavily form the Naval CB Center at Davisville, RI. KBR was

bought at about the same time Davisville was closed/relocated to Gulfport, MS., in '73.

The partition of the world between closely held Bechtel and publicly held

Halliburtion and DoD is quite noticable over time.

Chalabi was a liability and the disclosure with follow-up routine over the "compromise of the Iranian Intel-code" is a side-show. :ph34r: B)

Hunter65, thanks! Some days I feel like I am losing my sanity because the reality presented by the news doesn't match what I experienced personally.

There are serious, serious violations of Procurement and Contracting regulations

going on that those who are not trained in the area would not understand.

At best, the loop holes are being maximized in this Iraq war.

Example: Boots & Coots is recognized worldwide as the best oilwell fire fighters bar none. Yet, their involvement in this war came as a sub-contract to Halliburton.

What difference does that make? Halliburton gets management expenses for

"oversight" of the contract. This makes it much more expensive than a direct contract with Boots & Coots, who do quite well in managing things themselves.

Before I retired, I managed millions of dollars of procurement funds for the Army and had to work very closely with Contracting Officers. At the time, I was trading stocks and had to be VERY careful about conflict of interest issues due to annual reports I had to file w/the gov't on my investments. That meant I couldn't invest in those companies that were receiving contracts with the funds I managed. Naturally, I tried to get info on those companies so I wouldn't goof up.

Watch Carlyle Corp (Bush and Bin Laden Families are/were investors). They bought up the failing "United Defense" which was producing numerous heavy equipment items bought by the Army. When I asked questions about this, I was brushed aside. Another is General Dynamics, producer of Combat and Combat Support Systems. We had a constant fight with these contractors due to overstatements of billings, etc. (Just us good-for-nothing Civil Servants trying to do our best to manage your tax dollars in spite of the govt political appointees. Yeah, I'm pissed!)

Halliburton and Bechtel are getting the headlines, but these others are getting

HUGE contracts in "the normal course of business." The cost of this war is outrageous!

Now, those documents that have disappeared would show more and more of the

behind the scenes ways that companies are sucking up the US tax dollars as well as the UN funds. When does anyone besides me become outraged?

Does anyone care that Halliburton/KRB has built permanent locations in every

foreign installation where the US is located? The whole idea of gov't procurement was supposed to provide a broad base of suppliers. Chalabi knew all of this and was simply trying to cut his own piece of the pie.

War is Hell and it creates strange bedfellows. Our Nation has some rude awakenings before long.

Sorry if I seem to rant, but I really was dedicated to my work and this hurts.

Sherlock

Sherlock

When I first came to dc one of my jobs was helping to establish a thing called the GAP: THE gOVERNMENT aCCOUNTABILITY pROJECT--the purpose was to help lonely whistle blowers;it still exists; and a although i havEn't had a thing to do with it lo these many years, did you at any time avail yourself of its assets??

Every once in a while thinking about Corruption in New York or chicago and other places I have to pinch myself in reminding me of the absolutely MONSTROUS corruption that goes on inyour nation's capitol--which really earns the sobriqet of CAPITOL STOOL; THE DOLLARS FLUSHHED AWAY===The number of credit applications showing government incomes of $50,000 plus of people who couldn't write their names correctly

BEARDRECH :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: :cry: Oh by the way there's an enormous number of detective novels with accountants serving as the protagonist;I think you might enjoy them;do a google search,i did once thinking i had the time to read them but couldn't

pps Another thing--We have West Point,Annapolis,The Air Force Academy FBI academies etc etc but despite the USA being the greatest business culture the world has ever seen we HAVE NO BUSINESS ACADEMY WHERE AUDITORS AND ACCOUNTANTS SWORN TO THE HIGHEST PRINCIPALS CAN BE TRAINED---Can you imagine the difference this would make if the morality and principals of the other service corps were inccccorporated in this institution of business "sherlocks"??

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Summoner and Stain- I luv you both but you are about to miss shatter city. The Markets will tank tomorrow-period...the reasons are many...and frankly I am tired... look at the the chart ...upward sloping consolidation...Bearish...similarities to 87 astonishing.. Shooting star print at the close...Bearish... and on and on it goes. ;)

Brian,

This is the reason I hang out here. Discussions about incredibly complex and emotional subjects with intelligent folks who respect and listen to each other. Sleep well my friend and kick some ass on Friday. :wink2:

Archived