B4 The Bell Humpday March 31,2004

Guest yobob1

From todays National post-Front Page-by Peter Goodspeed-Headline-"U.S. suspects Saudi's of building Nuclear Arsenal"- "In exchange for nearly $1.5 Billion a year in Saudi oil, Pakistan is supposed to have agreed to provide the Saudi's with nuclear warheads or to spread its nuclear shield over Saudi Arabia when asked. Thomas Woodrow, a senior China anal cyst at the U.S. Defence Intelligence Agency suggests Saudi Arabia funded Pakistans nuclear weapons development program for years." in fact Saudi Arabia already has a missile system capable of delivering nuclear weapons . In 1987 Pakistan helped arrange a deal in which the Saudi's paid China $3 Billion for 60 CSS-2 missiles with a range of 3,000 Kilometers." Lovely just freaking lovely-this explains why the Saudi's are backing away from America and getting cozy with Russia and China.

and just what "world currency" was used for these transactions?

Even Sadaam was using pure oil for transactions w/o currencies.

Are we missing something here?

Guess who is responsible for any military capabilites the Saudi's have?

Why did the Lima Army Tank Plant not get closed?

But they are our friends...

So we do not make a profit on this stuff.

Sherlock

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake up Commerce Department!

Anybody check their website lately? The banner along the left proclaims that manufacturing shipments, inventories, and orders are up 2.5% (latest economic indicators, it says).

Yet the summary from the actual announcement isn't as rosy, to put it in mild terms:

New orders for manufactured goods in February increased $1.1 billion or 0.3 percent to $343.0 billion, the Department of Commerce, Census Bureau reported today. This followed a 0.9 percent January decrease. Shipments decreased $1.7 billion or 0.5 percent to $346.8 billion. This followed a slight January decrease. Unfilled orders, up six of the last seven months, increased $2.9 billion or 0.6 percent to $509.0 billion. This followed a slight January decrease. Inventories, up four of the last five months, increased $2.3 billion or 0.5 percent to $442.4 billion. This followed a 0.3 percent January increase.

The only 2.5% increase was in new orders for manufactured durable goods.

A more truthful summary of the summary would be that all measures were down or flattish except new orders for manufactured durable goods.

post-20-1080747419_thumb.gif

Wake up Commerce Department!

Anybody check their website lately? The banner along the left proclaims that manufacturing shipments, inventories, and orders are up 2.5% (latest economic indicators, it says).

Even that figure is misleading, it was already issued last week as the "durable goods report". From what I remember most of the 2.5% increase was due to gov't orders for aircraft and a small increase in auto sales. The rest was rather dismal.

I'd recommend reading Succo's article re: Japan today. He estimates with the Yen at 103.9 that Japan has incurred $27 billion in currency losses while earning $5.5 billion in interest on US bonds. So they are now in a net loser position.

He also points out how Sony is laying off 10000 workers due to the 'strong' yen.

So, he expects a lot controversy about the current policy in Japan and is on the look out for different actions now that they are losing.

:unsure:

Minyanville.com

thinking about just turning the computer off today. EOQ and they will not go down easy, this is all manipulated bullshit, collusion at its finest. One more day.

Cant remember an ending quarter since I saw this kind on nonsense... hitting 5 days now.

They just ramped the Russel the equivelent of 100 dow points in 30 MINUTES

Yo Plunger... I tried posting PMU on a ribbon chart from Stockcharts last night, I gave up after I don't know how many attempts.

The EMA's, from 1 to 289, had a 2 cent spread. Compressed or what?

Fingers crossed... latley I have had my doubts.

I find this very disturbing-not all the wing-nuts are on the other side-from the same article on Saudi-Arabia quoted earlier-" Rich Lowery, editor of the National Review, suggested in an Internet web log that if the United States is attacked by Islamic terrorists with a "dirty nuclear bomb" it should retaliate by blasting Saudi Arabia. Theres lots of sentiment for nuking Mecca-he said. Mecca seems extreme of course, but then again, few people would die and it would send a signal."

Archived