Mean Market

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I own RTK too. I also own an equal dollar amount of ALTI, SYNM, VLNC, XIDE, CHP and ABAT. I treat it like a basket of lotto miners in my IRA for a long term spec. I believe some will go to zero and hopefully one will go moonward making up for the failures. That's the plan anyway. :)

I have a similar strategy. I'm holding more biotechs though. AIS, NNVC, HDVY, ONTY, VICL, OXBT (formerly OXBO) and cloud computing provider ISLN.

Also I have the big gorilla in the room, HTGC, a biotech venture capital firm, which is not a cheapie and has paid a huge dividend of 11-12% (will fluctuate wildly from quarter to quarter). This one can move 10-15% in a matter of days so it's better to buy on one of the periodic pullbacks.

Here's the coffee I drink

I shit you not! (reference the top of the can)

$3.49 per can 14oz can

An outstanding bargin! You can't beat that price.

tjsjoecoffee.jpg

Yeah, I wonder why people are going to want to pay twice as much for GMCR's eco-unfriendly throw-away system when they can make good coffee for pennies, if they're just willing to do the hard labor of measuring out the coffee and then throwing away the used grounds. In a recession.

I own RTK too. I also own an equal dollar amount of ALTI, SYNM, VLNC, XIDE, CHP and ABAT. I treat it like a basket of lotto miners in my IRA for a long term spec. I believe some will go to zero and hopefully one will go moonward making up for the failures. That's the plan anyway. :)

I like a lot of those battery names but they are certainly a crap shoot.

TJ.....I looked at June DRYS 6 calls and may bite....that one will have a run under the radar before this fiasco pukes....If it takes out 8 bulls are in business. haven't touched it for a while but its looking interesting again.

Yeah, RobotTrader over at ZeroHedge was highlighting the shippers in his post tonight....

DRYS still running humping in the afterlife (get it: DRYS humping, BWHAHAHAHAHAHA)

About to conquer 7 bones

Yeah, RobotTrader over at ZeroHedge was highlighting the shippers in his post tonight....

DRYS still running in the afterlife

About to conquer 7 bones

They actually beat and were upgraded after their earnings then tanked...farking thing is so hated but it has a good set up to break out....reminds me of Broke Aid and Floundry

Russell Conwell. :lol: I'd love to start the Conwell Fund. At least it would be upfront about its mission, right in its title.

Yes, Russell Conwell founded Temple University, where I received my doctor it from the Temple University School of Hysteria in Investments and Economics (TUSHIE).

I think that the problem many of us still have is in attempting to make sense of the market in terms of the economy. This is not wise. The stock market has absolutely nothing to do with the economy.

this is exactly right. i shorted the market and real estate from 2005-2007 only to get my ass handed to me. what is obvious to us only becomes obvious to the rest of the world much later because they are <ahem> ignorant (or possibly stupid). i talk to people that have absolutely no idea what it means to monetize debt. yet they happily throw money into stocks and bonds (" Because I'm diversified!").

this rally is crap. the rally/lack of collapse of 10 and 30 year bonds is crap. but who the hell knows when they will all finally figure it out.

Archived