Mean Market

Depends on your timeframe

The $20million of stock they sold in Sept went off at $1.80 per share

They excel in clean fuel technology....that should be a benefit under this administration

I'd put it in a drawer....or set a GTC sell order at a price you like

Looks like they had a huge revenue jump when they closed the books in June '09....not sure what caused that

But could easily drop back under a "buckster"

So you could also take the tax loss, compliments of Uncle Sugar, and buy it back in 31+ days, possibly cheaper

Thanks for the feedback - I am just getting impatient watching this POS pop up one day +.01 down -.05 the next. Will probably just pare the position back a little.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on your timeframe

The $20million of stock they sold in Sept went off at $1.80 per share

They excel in clean fuel technology....that should be a benefit under this administration

I'd put it in a drawer....or set a GTC sell order at a price you like

Looks like they had a huge revenue jump when they closed the books in June '09....not sure what caused that

But could easily drop back under a "buckster"

So you could also take the tax loss, compliments of Uncle Sugar, and buy it back in 31+ days, possibly cheaper

What if it announces another deal and skyrockets? What if someone decides that clean fuel from U.S. coal is a good idea, and they get some big grant from the feds for research or implementation? What if some big oil company decides to buy them out so they can bury the technology?

What if it announces another deal and skyrockets? What if someone decides that clean fuel from U.S. coal is a good idea, and they get some big grant from the feds for research or implementation? What if some big oil company decides to buy them out so they can bury the technology?

Acres of diamonds

acres-of-diamonds.jpg

Everyone's favorite coffee roaster, GMCR, trading at a mere 66 times earnings, has disappointed in their guidance. Wild action, down between 3 and 8+ points after hours depending on when you looked at it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20091111?rpc=44

Net sales rose 65 percent to $222.2 million .

anal cysts on average were expecting earnings of 33 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $216.6 million.

The company's shares, which have risen five-fold over the past year, were down $6.66 at $69.25 after the bell.

Where's Shorty? And why is this report coming out of Bangalore? Last time I looked, the Green Mountains were in Vermont.

Why do you think the 8-K is suspect? Looks like they have hired someone new. Does that stuff about "change of control" imply that they're going to be bought out or are seeking a deal?

This is one of the stocks I think of as an option that never expires because of their low price. Their technology must be working, if they were able to execute that agreement to suppy the L.A. airport. If you smell something bad here, please let me know.

Yes, the change in control language makes me wonder what is going on. Don't want to play with fire being over levered. Yes, I believe the company has good technology and prospects which prompted me to buy it in the first place. Their feedstock for their bio-fuel process is not food which is key and it has successfully gone through some qualification process to be used as a transportation fuel. I am long term holder in my IRA but may reduce my exposure in my trading account. I don't smell anything fishy or see smoke but I am a simply a retail bagholder who will always be the last to know.

So. RTK has a p/e of 34, and a proprietary technology that could completely replace oil for automobile and jet fuel without requiring any changes in vehicle construction, using North American coal. GMCR has a p/e of 66, and roasts coffee.

Efficient markets.

Also, TenaciousG, don't forget that they have not just the biofuel but also the coal gasification technology. Both of those, but especially the coal technology, could be ramped up for large-scale production very quickly, if they received a big financial infusion.

As far as the change of control language, it doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be taken over. They may just be trying to make sure that no matter what eventuality may happen (angry activist shareholders?) they'll still get a huge slice of the pie.

I wouldn't buy a Dell on principal alone...all the financing crap .....crummy service from what I've heard...

Not so guys .... as someone who comes from the industry (formerly HPQ engineer) Dell have higher quality standards and far superior service to any other PC manufacturer. All HPQ PCs are made by Asian contractors. Dell make their own stuff and have much higher quality control. I only ever buy Dell.

HP used to be a great company when it was run by the founders Bill & Dave, now its run by pigmen and is a company in decline.

Ha, I remember that kind of talk during the tech boom! :rolleyes:

Not so guys .... as someone who comes from the industry (formerly HPQ engineer) Dell have higher quality standards and far superior service to any other PC manufacturer. All HPQ PCs are made by Asian contractors. Dell make their own stuff and have much higher quality control. I only ever buy Dell.

HP used to be a great company when it was run by the founders Bill & Dave, now its run by pigmen and is a company in decline.

Don't doubt many people swear by Dell but I know someone who "went on a payment plan" for one of their laptops and it was a nightmare service wise when they needed to get help... all i know is my HP PC's and printers have been reliable every time I've bought one. Don't care where they are made...we don't make sheet hear anyway so on a point of purchase decision not an issue cause we out sourced everything...check that...we do make stuff....a sheetload of "debt"....and we are good at it too...

Ha, I remember that kind of talk during the tech boom! :rolleyes:

I own RTK too. I also own an equal dollar amount of ALTI, SYNM, VLNC, XIDE, CHP and ABAT. I treat it like a basket of lotto miners in my IRA for a long term spec. I believe some will go to zero and hopefully one will go moonward making up for the failures. That's the plan anyway. :)

So. RTK has a p/e of 34, and a proprietary technology that could completely replace oil for automobile and jet fuel without requiring any changes in vehicle construction, using North American coal. GMCR has a p/e of 66, and roasts coffee.

Efficient markets.

Also, TenaciousG, don't forget that they have not just the biofuel but also the coal gasification technology. Both of those, but especially the coal technology, could be ramped up for large-scale production very quickly, if they received a big financial infusion.

As far as the change of control language, it doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be taken over. They may just be trying to make sure that no matter what eventuality may happen (angry activist shareholders?) they'll still get a huge slice of the pie.

Drano, thank you sir for your thoughts. I think we are on the same page. I guess my issue is not so much with the company as with my position. I will pare my position back (holding 12.5k) and add more if it moves higher.

Archived