Bully trapped....Douches happy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The public does need to have it explained. Mishkin is the one who doesn't get it. Typical academic economist shitheaidism. I was enraged when I saw that comment. That guy deserves to get inundated with hate mail. What a schmuck.

:unsure:

But... but... but.

Frederic S. Mishkin is a former member of the Fed’s board of governors and a close friend of Mr. Bernanke.

The article says so.

:mellow:

Surely, he knows Bernanke and the issues and they all have our best interests in mind.

:mellow:

I mean, they saved us all from breadlines and dustbowls. The least we could do is thank the nice economists and then reappoint one to the Fed?

While I think Kass is a douche (so I guess he should be a frequent poster here :lol:) the bold below, or something like it, stands a chance....naturally, GS will wait until it's stock sinks to $38.00 per share before buying back the company and going private.

Whoa, Trader Joe you douche, what about all the Goldies that have restricted shares coming their way over the next several years?

Answer: Forward sale

Doug Kass, who heads Seabreeze Partners, listed as one of his top 20 surprises for 2010 that Goldman would team up with Berkshire Hathaway and go private to get away from the populist outcry.

As a bank holding company, however, Goldman would still come under the regulators' scrutiny and curbs. And if it shed that status, Goldman would have to surrender a big source of nearly free money: federally insured debt issued under the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program.

You may not have heard of the TLGP, but it was one of myriad, alphabet-soup facilities set up in the rescue of the financial system. As Tim Backshall, head of research at Credit Derivatives Research, wrote in a note, "TARP was Nothing, TLGP is The Real Deal!" When Goldie's FDIC-backed TLGP bonds come due in 2012, it faces about a $1 billion jump in interest expense, by Backshall's estimates. JPMorgan Chase, meanwhile, would see an estimated $2 billion rise in interest expense when the TLGP debt rolls off in 2012. That's because the bonds pay on average of just about 0.66%.

Barron's

Yes, with ya there. This rise off the March bottom has been a triple-zigzag in elliot terms. Although a top here is likely, I don't think we can rule out another high just yet. We could easily bounce from the SPX 1085 area next week which happens to be a Fed week. There are guys out there like Mchugh who believe that this entire move down from the all-time highs is of the zigzag variety. If this be the case, then the next leg down, catastrophic wave C, will truly be a sight to behold, bringing civilization to its knees. Mad Max is on the horizon. God help the women and children.

I have enjoyed both your works with Elliot Wave over the years here.

What sort of preliminary downside target range you guys see for this, if you're reading it properly?

I have enjoyed both your works with Elliot Wave over the years here.

What sort of preliminary downside target range you guys see for this, if you're reading it properly?

Below are two elliot wave scenarios. The zigzag would definitely be the most severe and exceed the March lows, probably by a good deal. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a cataclysmic wave C could put the SPX under 400 or even 300. Then there is the triangle idea. Both scenarios are based on the belief that this entire bear market is a wave 4 decline of a higher degree. There is also the chance that we could retest the March lows and put in a final bottom, which would have us doing some kind of funky flat.

post-350-1264270611_thumb.png

post-350-1264270636_thumb.png

How the f*** else are you supposed to make an OTC market?

For dummies: "Once an order is received, the market maker immediately sells from its own inventory or seeks an offsetting order." http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketmaker.asp

Calling this market making or hedging is imho far from what was happening. These firms that were selling mbs knew(or should have known) that what they were selling was not AAA and was, in fact, stool.....can you say fraud.

Securitizers sell forward...meaning they collect the money that is used to fund the loans in advance and have no skin in the game......thus no reason to hedge(they weren't long in the first place--investors were long). aaahhh....but if you know what you are selling is complete crap and you buy cds (insurance) on the pools of assets you know are going to fail(because you bundled all the crappy loans)? Brilliant....if you are a criminal.

S&P500 monthly

technically it would have been good if we would have gone to the 38 fibo and marked a monster low around the 450, a low which would have washed out everything and of course a low which would have holded FOREVER. Now we are in a situation which looks quite comparable to the 1970s era.

post-510-1264278677_thumb.png

Archived