Desperate Measures

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every OPEX that I can remember, there was bounce off significant shport/resistance. Will close 1/2 SPX putsthis AM fairly soon after open. Holding IBM puts, both good $, but getting slammed on XAU (took full position at 76).

Bonds are the story, but I continue to believe this market has another upleg, which will fall short of recent highs. Next week will tell the true tale (down). Until then, ANYTHING can happen. I expect a MSFT blowout - they've got enough cash to make their earnings look any way they want them to.

for the life of me I can't see how Uncle Buck is gonna fall substantially nor do I see how Treasury prices can fall substantially. If either or both does fall substantially, it would seem to me that every fractionally-reserved Yen, Yuan, Euro, Pound, and Dollar in the world becomes instantly suspect and in jeopardy. Of course, I don't see how "they" can keep Buck and Treasuries levitated either. Seems to me all navigational instruments are failing at these altitudes. No classical economic or financial analysis is relevant. Ad Hoc and away we go.

for the life of me I can't see how Uncle Buck is gonna fall substantially nor do I see how Treasury prices can fall substantially. If either or both does fall substantially, it would seem to me that every fractionally-reserved Yen, Yuan, Euro, Pound, and Dollar in the world becomes instantly suspect and in jeopardy. Of course, I don't see how "they" can keep Buck and Treasuries levitated either. Seems to me all instruments are failing at these altitudes. No classical economic or financial analysis is relevant. Ad Hoc and away we go.

Ad Hoc, indeed. See Roach's latest lament and profession of ASS(_)_)tonishment?.

The conventional 'metrics', to invoke a hackneyed ffffffffraze FURom Wall St, have changed. There is a seismic shift apaw.

Oh. Richard Russell laid out the basics SNOT 'long' ago of what you are hinting at.

The BARE will try to find the URL FURya.

One of the reasons I like the DAX, is that is not as heavily managed as the US-Indices, and its currency has been stable.

Couldn't agree more.

It isn't surprising that something with plenty of regular movement should be a Stoolie favorite.

Archived