Santa Claus?

From yesterday's New York Post by Leonard Greene:

Police in Harris County are on the lookout for a good-natured, gun-toting Santa Claus.

A Houston toll-booth clerk who was robbed at gunpoint described the assailant as a portly man with a full white beard and mustache, who wore a red hat and a red jacket.

Before speeding off, the swindling Santa did wish her a Merry Christmas.

Could it be that he was really Robin Hood is disguise?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning stoolmeisters!

In case you missed it, Doc did his year end short and long term forecast for Uncle Buck, Cousin HUI and the Golden Stool along with the short and long term forecasts for The Nasgag and Sphincters, in your Super Duper Fancy Schmancy Weak End Anals Year End Foreplay. This one single issue is worth the price of your three month trial subscription. Get immediate access RIGHT NOW!

Also don't miss Doc's bookstore specials, the Short Term Trading Power Pack with a $39 order plus, with every order of $79 or more, a COMPLIMENTARY THREE MONTH TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION TO THE ANALS from Doc. That's right, for just 79 buckaroos, get some great winter reading, AND FREE YOUR ANALS for THREE WHOLE MONTHS!

As part of your free Anals, each morning Doc will give you Stoolwethers and Suctor Watch cycle charts with price targets of 15 of the largest market leading stocks and 15 of the most important stock sectors. Follow the stocks that all bears love to hate!

Today's Stoolwethers are now loaded. Are they ready to drop or pop? Find out now!

This level has been tested a remarkable 13 times over the past few months, and held every time. That is, until Friday's miserable session.

Not quite failure yet on the SPX & DOW. Perhaps you should be more generous with the OEX and drop the line a bit. Or, today's feeble rally may just give that OEX line the Kiss of Death from below.

morning all. hope everyone enjoyed the jam.

got myself edumacated about leveraged gold plays this weekend (thanks vb & thor for your stock lists). as it turns out, there are a small handful of gold stocks that have option volume of any significant liquidity, the most prominent being GG and NEM. others which made the list for misc reasons include PDG, GFI, and RGLD. some of these may or may not have topped out short term; also, NEM and GFI are trading just underneath levels of large open interest.

arch reportedly thinks a gold stock explosion is imminent for today/tomorrow - can anyone confirm?

may collect some jan calls on GG and perhaps 1-2 others with a time horizon of no longer than tomorrow's close. will decide in next 40 minutes.

The curse of the permabear is to not recognize a bull market when one sees it. I feel this may be my case with gold- so skeptical about this crap stock market for so long, gold really could break out like NAZ'99 and never look back (at least for a while). The public mania builds- commercials on TV, even Procto- could it be we get no pullback?

However, I must remain satisfied with what I have, for, like the seasons, it WILL turn. I have learned not to try to grab the falling (or thrown) knife. Gold to 1000 or gold to 200; either way suits me just fine. PAX.

Yes, Arch is looking for strong move on gold through Tuesday. Note my mention on Stool's Gold of TomO'Brien's admonition not to chase gold stocks if not already long. Traders should be thinking about being out, as possibility of New Year may bring selling from holders not wanting to book taxable profits until 2003. Also read Debka file on secret deal offered Saddam for exile in Libya.

Yes, Arch is looking for strong move on gold through Tuesday. Note my mention on Stool's Gold of TomO'Brien's admonition not to chase gold stocks if not already long. Traders should be thinking about being out, as possibility of New Year may bring selling from holders not wanting to book taxable profits until 2003. Also read Debka file on secret deal offered Saddam for exile in Libya.

thx micro, DID catch your post on stool's gold. the 2003 tax sale is certainly a simple, elegant notion.

planning to exit any move no later than tomorrow. other astro reasons:

mercury goes retrograde 4 hrs before the first trading day of the new year. mercury retrograde (which lasts until 22 jan) is typically a difficult period for anything related to communication, transportation, etc....the telecoms appear to mildly underperform the spx....ripe time for computer crashes, data loss, travel plans getting mucked up, missed appointments....this is NOT a good time to start new projects or to sign new contracts. consider backing up your important data before the new year arrives.

also, the new moon happens thursday night after market close. could mark the start of new/different/accelerated trend(s) of whatever ilk.

From optioninvestor.com:

Global semiconductor sales rose 1.3% in November

Technology stocks are getting a boost in this morning's pre-

market trade after the Semiconductor Industry Association

reported that global semiconductor sales rose 1.3% in November

over October to $12.68 billion, with wireless chips leading

sales.

Archived