Op/Ex Reversal......

ES 20K went off looking like it wants up on Tuesday Morning after bouncing on 200 MA...if price stays under the rolling over 72 on any bounce, we could start to see something along these lines start to play out. I think 1100 could be tough nut to crack...

If they get much over 1137 area, then new highs very possible on IBM shenanigans, udderwise IBM may drop the bomb to 1112...

If they Gap it down...then 1112 very possible into Tuesday close and then bouncy bouncy on IBM...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on the GBP situation....

It is rare to see so many time frames lined up on the exact same spot with nuthin' but air above that pivot.

IF...GBP takes out 1.64, we may see a huge move up lasting months....if it fails to punch thru in the next few days, a huge decline could be dead ahead...either way this should be a money maker coming real soon...

Look at that straight line on the daily 72 MA (cyan)...this thing is coiled... and whichever way that thing kinks, it should run in that direction for a while....

Here are the time frames...2, 4, 6, 8, 12 Hour and Daily and Weekly

TAN Recap

Well, I tried to play TAN on the short side with near expiry Jan $10 puts

Bought a bunch late last week and got filled at $0.05

I knew the only way that these thing would payoff is if TAN took a large dump early in the week.....it didn't

So I decided to sell them back at $0.05 yesterday in the hope that I could salvage the cash to fight another day....a break even trade

Got filled right near the close yesterday -- so net net, nothing to report

Had I held the position on the hope that it went ITM by the close today....what would I have recieved?

Jack Sh*t

They parked it at $10.06

big.chart?symb=tan&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=3160916&style=320&time=3&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=5497&mocktick=1&rand=785

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to Max Pain?

post-6859-1263595883.jpg

http://www.optionpain.com/OptionPain/Option-Pain.php

I got some in-the-money puts, too soon, sweated it out for a while (though they were Februarys so not an "emergency" to get out) -- then it finally cracked, and I took a couple hundred and was glad to get it.

Thanks for tipping us off on this one, TJ.

Hey Gang...

I just got a call that my Dad passed away somewhat unexpectedly after having spent the last few years with major complications from heart disease and diabetes.

He was only 71, and should have been enjoying his retirement years playing golf and the like.

If any of you are eating a crap diet and you know it, please stop. My dad was a classic example of what the average American diet full of fat and junk carbs will do to you.

Hey Gang...

I just got a call that my Dad passed away somewhat unexpectedly after having spent the last few years with major complications from heart disease and diabetes.

He was only 71, and should have been enjoying his retirement years playing golf and the like.

If any of you are eating a crap diet and you know it, please stop. My dad was a classic example of what the average American diet full of fat and junk carbs will do to you.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. A few years ago, an uncle of mine passed away while we were remodeling his kitchen - dropped dead right in front of me. He didn't know what hit him. Anyway, he was only 47 when that tragedy occurred. The autopsy revealed that he had an enlarged heart and his carotid arteries were 90% blocked. The findings didn't surprise me as he smoked since he was a teenager, ate all the wrong foods and virtually none of the right ones, lack of exercise etc., etc.... He too was a classic example of the average American diet but probably on the extreme end.

Anyways, my condolences to you and your family.

Hey Gang...

My sincere regrets, K-Wave. I share your sentiment. It could have turned out differently.

Years ago, I refused a request from my sister that I buy cigarettes for her at a deep discount while I attended a NC univ.

People for whom we care must also want good habits just as much as we do for them.

Hey Gang...

Very sorry, K. I'm sure we all wish you, your sister and mother and anyone close to your Dad, all the best during this time. Do what you need to now, and don't be surprised if you find your work a bit screwed up for a bit. Don't force a thing. Let it be. Jon

More on the GBP situation....

It is rare to see so many time frames lined up on the exact same spot with nuthin' but air above that pivot.

IF...GBP takes out 1.64, we may see a huge move up lasting months....if it fails to punch thru in the next few days, a huge decline could be dead ahead...either way this should be a money maker coming real soon...

Look at that straight line on the daily 72 MA (cyan)...this thing is coiled... and whichever way that thing kinks, it should run in that direction for a while....

Here are the time frames...2, 4, 6, 8, 12 Hour and Daily and Weekly

Very nice analysis, as always, K-Wave. Thanks.

I agree that a big move should come soon. I was positioned short today (short term it looked tired, rollover of the 5min, break of the 15min...), so there was really a nice short setup. That we didnt even test the fibo at 1.6181 today, and that we got up late in the day makes it questionabale if the move will be to the downside.

Maybe a look at EUR/GBP helps. Ultra-important price levels there, expecting a mega-battle next week and that will give us clues for GBP/USD.

The question is if EUR/GBP follows the weekly LOG CHART, if yes, then the uptrend is broken as of this weeks close. Target in this case would be weekly tunnel, at same level there is lower line of downtrendchannel. If EUR/GBP goes down, it would mean GBP/USD should go up, could only be avoided if Dollar would rally like mad, so that EUR/USD breaks down.

EUR/GBP weekly log chart with log fibos:

post-510-1263605225_thumb.png

Archived