The Panic Continues

Guest hemroid2

kind of crazy.... ca. budget based ,in no small part, on rich folks paying 1990s style capital gains...david bowie is 57...we can be heroes just for one day

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. .. The other night I suggested anyone who tried to game the gold stocks was doomed-they are in a bull market blowoff period. So if you sold on weakness you no doubt were scrambling to get back in today and it may have cost you a buck or two-POG'S move today shows we are in the next leg up and it also shows something is brewing on the world stage we haven't seen yet-no not Iraq that is factored in...

Brian, do you think there is someone in particular out there who has been busy establishing a position in gold?

RGLD, GOLD....added to long positions during shakeout

Oh yeah, forget yet one more (see #13)

1) Mutual Funds 5% cash.

2) Wall St Strategist recommend 70-80% equity allocations.

3) Business Week survey shows 95% bullish for 03 with very high targets.

4) Investor Intelligence 51% bulls, 25% bears.

5) VIX in the twenties.

6) Equity PCR 0.4 today and 21-day MAs still floating on very low side.

7) S&P500 COT. Small traders very bullish, commercials heavy short.

8) Business newsmags showing pictures of bulls on cover and that recovery is a foregone conclusion. "Hot Stocks for 03", "Get Ready for Recovery in 03".

9) Merrill Lynch survey of Global money Mgrs show 74% bullish for 03.

10) Odd lotters going for the gusto on the dips

11) 56% households still invested in equities, three years in a row.

12) Pudlow and Creamer guarantee market will be straight up 40%

13) Corporate insiders still net sellers, not buying.

13 counts to kill the bull.

pile,you can add #14 why the market will go down

14.mrhanky is not short,a virtual guarantee we go down hard

Just finished watching the last 20 minutes of the Governor Davis speech. It was all softball feelgood commentary. The bad financial news must have been in the first half of the speech. The man is not a presidential candidate for sure... he had more vocal gaffes than Bush during the time I watched. This state is doomed. Wish I could find a job in another state...

My question for the night is this... is it safe to go long on some mining stocks? I'd like to buy some paas, gg, and hmy, but have been afraid to press the buy button. Currently my account is 30% bearx and 70% cash. Since Big Al decided that my cash will only earn 1% I'm looking for something with a better rate of return.

ps- I've enjoyed the education I've been getting here for the last few months. You guys are great!

Piles agree wholeheartedly with your 'neckline dance' scenario. The All Ords over the past couple of months has made 3 attempts to break through the same point of resistance and failed. My broker rang this am and suggested a call on a bank. LONG?? on a BANK?? eeek!

The market today is moderately bearish however it's the same choppy action we've been experiencing all week. There are a lot of believers in 2003 being a turnaround for the market hence the buyers, heaps of small parcels going through. Hmmm well I'm getting more bearish by the day...

Golds are green with a fair bit of interest, haven't bought back in yet as there are signs on the daily charts that the golds could be rolling over.

Charliss-Gold is in now-the funds are buying the dips and I don't mean just Gold funds-funds will buy anything that are liquid and appreciating -right now Gold beats hell out of everything else-the market cap of all the big miners combined is smaller than the cap of CISCO-in the last bull of many years ago the big miners traded $75- to a $100 @ share and they will this time. Smart move on RGLD own it myself-ASA is great and of course GG and AEM-Trade Safe!

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I pay attention to you- in addition to obvious experience and intelligence, an interesting combination of enthusiasm and casualness....

Re GG: I watch the intraday chart and tape during the course of my day(I hold gold stocks long, and some other stocks short, and daytrade others both short and long) and I notice that while GG does not make the wide moves of a RGLD or GOLD, it appears to be under accumulation and getting set for a significant move up. May I ask you about your observations on GG's activity? Thanks.

Machine Head,

Nice to see your face (or at least Calvin's) again. In re: the borkers, instead of using incentives to attract more action by active traders, are just finding more fees to charge those who don't. You know, Joe and Jane Sixpack who don't have much, who don't trade much, who's money the borkers are already using for various money making shinanigans without their knowlege. As Sideshow Bob mentioned over the weekend on LOB, TDWhattahose in February is going to do what many others have begun to do, charge for inactivity and/or not having at least a $25,000 account. They should instead give more discounts for active traders. You know the old say, "How do we do it? Volume! Volume! Volume!

My question for the night is this... is it safe to go long on some mining stocks? I'd like to buy some paas, gg, and hmy, but have been afraid to press the buy button. Currently my account is 30% bearx and 70% cash. Since Big Al decided that my cash will only earn 1% I'm looking for something with a better rate of return.
Do not under estimate the power of relative out-performance. If your neighbor loses 50%, he now needs over 100% to catch up to your 1%. If you can't pull the trigger on gold, it's probably because you are too busy looking for that magic buy indicator. Take 10%(or what ever is comfortable) of your cash, divide by three, and scale in.

1) Mutual Funds 5% cash.

2) Wall St Strategist recommend 70-80% equity allocations.

3) Business Week survey shows 95% bullish for 03 with very high targets.

4) Investor Intelligence 51% bulls, 25% bears.

5) VIX in the twenties.

6) Equity PCR 0.4 today and 21-day MAs still floating on very low side.

7) S&P500 COT. Small traders very bullish, commercials heavy short.

8) Business newsmags showing pictures of bulls on cover and that recovery is a foregone conclusion. "Hot Stocks for 03", "Get Ready for Recovery in 03".

9) Merrill Lynch survey of Global money Mgrs show 74% bullish for 03.

10) Odd lotters going for the gusto on the dips

11) 56% households still invested in equities, three years in a row.

12) Pudlow and Creamer guarantee market will be straight up 40%

13) Corporate insiders still net sellers, not buying.

14) Mr Hanky isn't short :grin:

...but like TE said its not too late. Do it ! If you're skittish just do BEARX, it barely gets spanked in rallies and performs like RYAIX when the market takes it in the butt. Buy it and forget about it. Now's the time. Don't delay call today!

ExDiv adjusted its still trading at 12/31 price. I sleep very well at night with that one. Six figures deep into it and going to buy more Turdsday/Fryday. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pudlow & Creamer 40% rally !

Archived