The Potato Garden

Seatbelts on stoolies, this is looking good!

Footsie in a death dive....

With reason, aussiebear. Bloomberg reports that four of nine Bank of England board members voted to [X-rated words follow] RAISE RATES! Apparently only the chairman's vote stopped it happening.

BOE mutiny quelled

It's a chill, chill wind for the English-speaking economies. It took four rate pops between mid-1999 and mid-2000 to shut down Bubble I. But Bubble II is a far more fragile affair. The 700-story derivative tower is swaying dangerously in the gusty wind. A single rate rise would dynamite one of its corner columns, the carry trade.

A rate rise is the spectre that haunts America. Will it be foreshadowed in the impenetrable prose of the next Fed meeting announcement? The leveraged speculating community squirms in gastrically-distressed anticipation.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YESTERDAY alot of vixs talk was posted...

someone posted that 10 yrs ago this level was normal

well surprize that was a bull mk reading

we are in the Kodiak Bear mk stage now and Hope is the

word of the day :lol:

If I hear beat the street one more time :angry:

7 Most Popular Hallmark Bullhorn Phrases of the 2003 Bear Market

1. "Beat by a Penny"

2. "Topping Views"

3. "Blew Past Expectations"

4. "Pro-Forma Earnings, Ex-Items, exceeded guestimates polled by Thomson First Call"

5. "Up Sequentially"

6. "Exceeded Guidance"

7. "Consensus Expectations"

I've looked high, and I've looked low.

All over the various bullhorn sites and I can't find a single reference to the fact that the HUI took out a multi-year high yesterday.

If the free stockcharts service went back far enough, I could even tell you how many.

All time high is 215, just three points away.

Wedges don't always play out, but something to keep an eye on.

At the least, should come back to retest the upper wedge line at around 200-5 (it's a monthly chart so time slows down). Could even dip back into the wedge. Lower line will be at 175-85 if that were to happen. Right now it's just a wedge throwover.

If the upper (or lower) line holds, LOA. If not, could be trouble.

post-3-1066827429.png

YESTERDAY  alot of vixs talk was posted...

someone posted that 10 yrs ago this level was normal

VIX (implied volatility = forward looking) is influenced by investors' perceptions of historical volatility (= backward looking).

1992, 1993 and 1994 were three of the least volatile years in history. By that, I mean they had a narrow annual range.

1994 was considered a tough year in the stock market, but the annual range was only nine (9) percent. Ha ha ha. We've had several months recently with a bigger range than that.

Low VIX readings today amount to a prediction that the market is going to level out like the glassy surface of a mountain lake on a windless day.

If you believe that, then by all means take the falling VIX readings as a buy signal. Maybe magic beanstalks really do grow to the sky ...

Tickling the Highs

Get Gas from today's Suctor Watch.. Take a subscribatory to the Anals, for the Gas release you're looking for RIGHT NOW! Along with cycle charts and price targets for 11 other leading market suctors like Oil, Homebuilders, Aerospace, Healthscare, Biodrech, SOX and more!?

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Another thing is last week Global crapvison dayviewed :lol:

Listen up on October 14th the 10 day moving average of the closing tick figure on the New York Stock Exchange closed above 800. We believe this is the first time in history there has been a close that high. tanks P. Eliades

Archived