The Potato Garden

Contributed by my friend Ira:

An old Jewish man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his potato garden but it was very hard work as the ground was hard. His only son Saul, who used to help him, was in prison for Insider Trading and Stock Fraud.

The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Solly:

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.

Love,

Papa

A few days later the old man received a letter from his son:

Dear Papa:

For heaven's sake Dad, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the money & stocks.

Love,

Solly

At 4 AM the next morning, a team of FBI agents and local police arrived at the old man's house and dug up the entire garden area without finding any money or stocks. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son:

Dear Papa:

Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Love,

Your son, Solly.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case you didn't see my post at the end of IDS, I am looking for ways to use the following phrase in my commentaries. "salubrious consolidation at the lows" ? aussiebear.

Please submit your suggestions.

Gold Goes Ballistic

HUI Long Too

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get your daily release of the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

REUTERS  RESEARCH ALERT-Soundview cuts Amazon.com rating [CZTSJGM]

NEW YORK, Oct 22 (Reuters) - Soundview Technology said on

Wednesday it cut its rating on Amazon.com Inc. to

"neutral" from "outperform."

The stock closed at $59.35 on the Nasdaq on Tuesday.

I wonder what act of God it would take to get them to utter the "S" word? :D

Just in case you didn't see my post at the end of IDS, I am looking for ways to use the following phrase in my commentaries. "salubrious consolidation at the lows" ? aussiebear.

I did see that in IDSWM Doc :grin:

Bearman: Not too much at all imo considering we have been waiting long and patiently for that very event..

On a more serious note.

Lately, as you have noticed, the Stool's ad agency picked up a huge campaign from Fidelity Brokerage. OK, no comment. But if this campaign continues it will go a long way in supporting the Stool, and it could not have come at a better time.

The problem is that you stoolies, being the intelligent folks that you are, never click on any of the ads. As a result, the click-through rates are so low that advertisers drop the cmpaigns on this site very quickly. Othersexclude the Stool from their campaigns.

Now, I certainly do not want everyone to go clicking on the ads all at once. That would be worse than not clicking at all. All I ask is that just once a day, you at least LOOK at the ads, and if you see something of even the slightest interest, then click. That should be enough to go a long way toward increasing interest among advertisers in placing their banners on this site.

So again, don't click now, but at least once a day, maybe twce, let your eyes roam over to the ad boxes, and if you are curious, click 'em!

Many tanks!

Just in case you didn't see my post at the end of IDS, I am looking for ways to use the following phrase in my commentaries.  "salubrious consolidation at the lows" ? aussiebear.

Doc,

a "salubrious consolidation at the lows" usually leads to a beneficial bottom, resulting ultimately in a healthful and hygienic high (for bears at least).

But this combination only occurs in Aussie markets, I'm told.

OK - Party's over folks.

Mortgage applications rise

Mortgage Bankers Association survey shows 0.5 % jump in new requests, but 5.8% drop in refinancings

Looking to lay some shorts on the builders berry, berry soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What do you call 1,000 central bonkers at the bottom of the Marianus trench?

A: A salubrious consolidation at the lows

:D

Archived