Leveraged Buyouts Running Amok

Don't know if this has been posted already, but if this doesn't give a bear a full on woody, I can't think of what possibly could.......

KW, welcome back. I posted that a couple of week ago . I think it came off the Safehaven site'. The question is , are the pigmen going to have a countertrend shakeout prior to the resumption of the homie downtrend? :huh:

ya mean like this?

post-2457-1157952447_thumb.png

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Doc no link for this:

By Pedro Nicolaci da Costa

BOSTON, Sept 10 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve should move away from using inflation measures that exclude food and energy since they make the central bank seem aloof from the reality of rising costs faced by Americans, the Dallas Fed's research director said on Sunday.

For investors, however, such a shift could mean that relief over a string of reasonably contained inflation data may be misplaced, and even perhaps cast doubt on the prevailing wisdom on Wall Street that the Fed is done raising interest rates.

Speaking at a meeting of the National Association for Business Economics, Dallas Fed's Harvey Rosenblum argued that the concept of core inflation was in need of revision, particularly if the central bank were to adopt an explicit target for underlying price growth, a measure being seriously considered under the leadership of Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke.

"Excluding food and energy angers many people," noted Rosenblum. "It makes the Fed seem out of touch."

Indeed, the gap between inflation readings that make the headlines and those used by policy-makers is considerable.

The overall Consumer Price Index for July jumped 4.1 percent compared with the same month last year. In contrast, the core CPI rose just 2.4 percent -- still well above the Fed's presumed comfort range of 1 to 2 percent, but less drastic than some investors had feared.

The barometer preferred by the Fed, known as the core personal consumption expenditures index or PCE, showed even more subdued year-on-year growth of about 2.4 percent.

Food and energy costs were originally excluded from the inflationary equation in the late 1970s, when prices in those sectors were particularly volatile. But the measure is now outdated and does not capture the full scope of underlying price shifts, said Rosenblum.

Dear Mr. Rosenblum:

When the Fed has its policy meetings, do you have a personal shoe shine boy to keep your whiteshoes nice and tidy? And, do you guys even shop at the same places the rest of us shop, or does your maid service take care of that for you?

Please post your answers on capitalstool.com

Regards,

mdporter

more chaos in San Diego

buildings on fire, multi-car crashes, SWAT team surrounding some heavily-armed nutcase, 3 masked men WITH TASERS carjacking in LaJolla, etc.

the city is breaking down psychologically

the reason this is significant is S.D. is leading edge of the Housing Bubble

as it implodes (and it's only just begun) people are going to freak out

it's already happening in S.D.

not just tons of anecdotal evidence, crime statistics as well

not just my imagination

this will be a violent Depression

people feel entitled to easy money for nothing, from houses, and they have been cut off cold turkey and they are going nuts in a bad way

violence will continue to spike, mark my words

more chaos in San Diego

buildings on fire, multi-car crashes, SWAT team surrounding some heavily-armed nutcase, 3 masked men WITH TASERS carjacking in LaJolla, etc.

the city is breaking down psychologically

the reason this is significant is S.D. is leading edge of the Housing Bubble

as it implodes (and it's only just begun) people are going to freak out

it's already happening in S.D.

not just tons of anecdotal evidence, crime statistics as well

not just my imagination

this will be a violent Depression

people feel entitled to easy money for nothing, from houses, and they have been cut off cold turkey and they are going nuts in a bad way

violence will continue to spike, mark my words

Add into the mix the reconquista issue, and you have a recipe for major unrest in Mexifornia over the coming years....Have I mentioned before how glad I am not to live in Kali anymore? :lol:

I live around the SDSU area and this year has the highest enrollment ever. Among the 'for sale' signs was a 'for rent' sign with 'reduced' just below it, interesting.

I would like to see what M-3 is doing right about now.....oh shit they got rid of that.

Anyway, fire sale in gold things.

I don't see how you can rely on China, for communists they are being as nice as communists can be. As soon as demand stops for chinamart items they will change their tune whilst they spend more and more on military build up. Can only hope that someday they go the way of old Russia.

DONT FORGET THE XMAS RALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(shorty @ Sep 10 2006, 04:04 PM)

not much bullish about this chart

butt possible naked-short magma beneath surface

With so many, bulls/bears alike, looking for the traditional Oct bottom, would be a perfect time to foment a bear raid into Oct and focused on the stocks with the highest short interest. Not saying it will happen, just saying it would be the perfect time.

THen, as you suggest Shorty, a rug pull into Nov/Dec.

METALS CRASH A CORRECTION

The fundametals havnt changed for metals

This is a correction where the overleveraged overextended longs get taken behind the woodpile for the necessary thrashing.

The speculative excess gets executed.

Corrections are when you get in not out!!

THE COLES PRIVATE EQUITY BUYOUT

Dont think the govt will let it happen.

FIRB will nix it  - just as they did with Woodside.

Thinking of put options right now.

For those of you unfamiliar with Australian government (which would be 99.999999999% of non-Australians and 90% of Australians) FIRB refers to the Foreign Investment Review Board established in the 80s when I tried to make an LBO of SANTOS.

signed,

The Ghost of Bob Ansett

THE SHANK BEFORE THE CRANK

Got to love these guys

ABN Amro have downgraded their rating for the Coles Myer (CML) stock to Sell from Hold with the share price target falling by 81 cents down to $10.20. Valuation of the stock is at $10.70. The broker was disappointed with the company's strategic update as it expected a signal of a new groth phase, but the company update showed that further restructuring is required for the group.

They downgrade the stock - which gets shanked a buck - just BEFORE the private equity buy out rumour hits the markets -which causes the stock to rocket upwards.

Obviously someone got some cheap stock from some "game" flushed out of the bushes to be shot down by the pigmen trading desks.

Now the stock can be safely shanked on negative FIRB rumours.

Think of stock anal cysts as medieval peasant game beaters - beating the underbrush for game so that the trading desk "nobility" can get a good shot at the target.

THE SHANK BEFORE THE CRANK

Got to love these guys

ABN Amro have downgraded their rating for the Coles Myer (CML) stock to Sell from Hold with the share price target falling by 81 cents down to $10.20. Valuation of the stock is at $10.70. The broker was disappointed with the company's strategic update as it expected a signal of a new groth phase, but the company update showed that further restructuring is required for the group.

They downgrade the stock - which gets shanked a buck - just BEFORE the private equity buy out rumour hits the markets -which causes the stock to rocket upwards.

Obviously someone got some cheap stock from some "game" flushed out of the bushes to be shot down by the pigmen trading desks.

Now the stock can be safely shanked on negative FIRB rumours.

Think of stock anal cysts as medieval peasant game beaters - beating the underbrush for game so that the trading desk "nobility" can get a good shot at the target.

:lol: A great image! Amazing to hear someone with a class analysis. Americans don't know a class from their ass. A survey was done years back with results showing 98% of Americans believe they are in the 'middle class'. :lol:

Archived