IDS World Markets Fri 24th October 08

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The funny thing is that all of the "Bullshit Bears" can't stay short cause they fear the PPT will blow them out. The reality is that the PPT has already blown themselves out and has finally decided to "let er' go"...

703217[/snapback]

You really can't blame people. Some bears have been badly, badly burned by magic rallies (I'm one of them -- lost 5 figures in '01 and again in '03) -- so you can't blame people for "learning" from their mistakes.

Many of us have seen this coming for years -- but it never seemed to arrive on schedule. And after years of waiting for "the moment," when it finally does arrive, it seems lightning-fast by comparison.

I'm short now and have been since the 10/14 highs, but I gotta tell ya', it's been hell on my nerves staying short that whole time. I got a good entry and decided early on I wasn't giving up my "position" unless I was stopped out. I was convinced this time WAS different, but that didn't make it easy. As traders, we know the only real judge and arbiter of our views is the price itself. It's hard to keep holding those views in the face of 900 point rallies -- especially if you've been creamed in the past by the "invisible hand." Your confidence in your charting and your view of the fundamentals wears down hour by hour, day by day, year by year, as the market always seems to turn back up.

That said, the quote that kept coming to mind was from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (paraphrased): "Well, it is a bear market, ya know!" I came within an inch of pulling the trigger yesterday and taking profits on everything, but I talked myself down (as I said, sold 20% of my puts, kept the rest).

I just don't think you can fault anyone for taking profits on their shorts (going long, maybe). This market is insane, and it is different this time.

A guy at work claims he's lost 50% and waiting for the market to come back.  What's another 10%.  There may be a few million people like him.

It appears we're potentially going to have the lowest close today, unless the pigmen bankers have a bright idea.

703247[/snapback]

The market only has to come back 100% for him to get even.

A guy at work claims he's lost 50% and waiting for the market to come back.  What's another 10%.  There may be a few million people like him.

It appears we're potentially going to have the lowest close today, unless the pigmen bankers have a bright idea.

703247[/snapback]

What's another 50%.

:o :o

703247[/snapback]

Many, many millions still holding onto that hope. Our generation has never seen a Great Depression-style capitulation, where stocks are truly despised at the bottom. I'm afraid we're about to. :ph34r:

The good thing is in a few days we are gona have oil for free.

<_<

Buy the dip they they said... yeah right, and cut the tip.

I see smoke on the horizon.

:ph34r:

Something is pending, it does not make much sense. We either fight with sticks and stone next years, or this bounce very soon.

Archived