Weak-end thread June 4-6.

Has anybody else seen the car show 'Pimp My Ride' ?

We were talking old cars the other day, and I really like

this show. Think it is giving kids ideas to keep their old cars

running. Mines on MTV cable. The star is named X - but I call him 38

Check it out. It's on my TV right now. their doing a Honda CRX that

was wrecked.

http://www.pimpmyride.com

on edit:

This website charges $2 to enter. What a great scam!

The show is good, but is the web site for real?

See ... there are new jobs!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1916981&nav=1TjDNe8x

6/3/04 - East Texas

Bird Flu Found On East Texas Farm

? A second flock of breeder chickens had to be destroyed in East Texas.

? State officials say the 24,000 chickens were owned by Pilgrim's Pride. Preliminary tests show some of the birds were infected with the same strain of avian flu as the flock killed last week in Hopkins County.

? These chickens were at a farm about 5 miles away from the original outbreak last week. Pilgrim's Pride said the birds were destroyed as a pre-emptive step.

A good background story on the security situation in Saudi Arabia:

Fear Enters the Pipeline of Saudi Oil Industry

By Megan K. Stack, Times Staff Writer

DHAHRAN, Saudi Arabia ? In the desert washes where Americans first found this kingdom's black gold, Saudis scrambled this week to harden their defenses. New security checkpoints cropped up at the edge of the vast tangles of steel in the oil fields. Makeshift sniper nests appeared around town. A Saudi magnate logged on to an Israeli settler website for a few tips on home fortification.

Last weekend's carnage by suspected Islamic militants in the nearby petrochemical hub of Khobar drove the price of oil to a new high and laid bare an uncomfortable truth: The world oil market depends heavily on a calm that seems to be vanishing in this volatile desert kingdom.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...-home-headlines

The recent stories that say that becuase "inflation adjusted" oil is not high relative to the 70s fail to consider the US didn't have then monster SUVs, large suburban homes, and long auto commuting distances.

Good thoughts and posts this morning guys! On Bird Flu here in B.C. 7 Million birds later it is over-the strain was never the one that affects humans-but at some point the danger was it might mutate. Now all the farms are going thru a disinfecting stage to be followed by the placing of Sentinel Birds (canaries in the coal mines) in the disinfected farms for a period of 90 days-if the "sentinel birds" remain disease free then the farms will be restocked. This has cost tens of Millions of $ and hit the Chicken Farmers hard but it is over. I would think Pilgrims Pride is just the tip of the ice-berg-here Government scientists were shocked at how fast and how far this virus spread.

Puplava focussses on water and energy in a new piece:

"While the issue of water isn?t front-page news?as is energy?it soon will be. The western states from Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico to Utah and Wyoming are preparing for the possibility of water shortages for the first time since the Hoover Dam was built in the 1930s.[1] The drought that has permeated the region is now entering its sixth year."

http://www.financialsense.com/stormwatch/o.../2004/0604.html

I know Russel bought CWCO recently while voicing concerns about water in the west.

I suspect that Reagan has already died.

This is only my opinion.

link

Alzheimer's is a terrible cruel disease. Death usually comes very slowly, as the person finally loses the ability (and at least in the sad cases I know of personally, the desire) to eat or drink. I suspect he's reached that point, and it could be days or weeks before the final result.

I applaud Nancy Reagan for her public pro-stem cell research stance.

This is only my opinion.

link

Alzheimer's is a terrible cruel disease. Death usually comes very slowly, as the person finally loses the ability (and at least in the sad cases I know of personally, the desire) to eat or drink. I suspect he's reached that point, and it could be days or weeks before the final result.

Yes, Alzheimers is a terrible condition.......I am experiencing my mothers

complete deterioration, first hand. It is not pleasant to witness nor adapt

to the condition.

A big problem is the 'do gooders' who have no idea of what alzheimers is

and want to provide stimulation.

Thank you very much, I'll have none of that! :o

Developments on the 7-carrier task-forces that were deployed this week by CINCLANT...........

http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/content.as...ld&pg=wo_05.htm

US navy plans `show of force' off oil-rich West Africa

LAGOS June 4 - A US navy battlegroup is to make a ``show of force'' in the oil-rich waters of the Gulf of Guinea, off west Africa, diplomats said Friday, as Washington hones plans to escape its dependence on unstable Middle Eastern supplies by securing more African crude.

This is only my opinion.

link

Yes, Alzheimers is a terrible condition.......I am experiencing my mothers

complete deterioration, first hand. It is not pleasant to witness nor adapt

to the condition.

A big problem is the 'do gooders' who have no idea of what alzheimers is

and want to provide stimulation.

Thank you very much, I'll have none of that! :o

My mother has completely deteriorated. I'll spare you the details.

You have my sympathy.

Sorry to ask a question you guys have probably been over a million times, but --

What companies should I be looking at for tar sands oil extraction or whatever you call it? One of the articles posted said Shell was one of the big three. Uck. Any ones you guys have looked at?

TIA.

Rates Rising, Credit Bubble Stalls, Money Supply Drops

As Expected. A New Trend?

You know what happens when a plane stalls. The forces that Doc has been calling your attention to may be beginning to come to fruition. The Fed is way, way behind the curve. All talk and no action. The market has already pre-empted Al's Travelling Circus Barkers.

Fed Releases update is now posted! Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important Fed Turdsday releases. Doc gives you his briefs, on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures. Take a subscribatory and download your Fed Turdsday Releases RIGHT NOW!

Scroll Down To Fed Releases.

http://www.capitalstool.com/paid/feed.htm#Fed

Thanks Purdy and Drano. My prayers flow outward.

I had radiological seed implants to treat prostate cancer one year

ago. Follow-ups are good and I expect them to be so.

A top team at University of Florida did the implants. No accomodation

by the VA in either Gainesville nor Lake City.

Such is life from the non-defeatist side. :)

Archived