Cube Trader

Cube Trader Tables and Performance { Updated 6-5-2005 }

CT signals CASH on 6/1/2005

HOM is on BUY from 5/11/2005

Updated HOM chart below.

Even if you don't actually trade the signals it will help keep you on the right side of the market. However, I would never trade on this alone, coupled with Doc's cycle indicators I have an extremely potent combination and it has helped me be much more successful at reaching into the pockets of WS!

Hank

post-1638-1115857277_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CT (now QQQQ) signal remains in CASH.

HOM still on BUY but components turning down sharply.

HI-5 glaring divergence finally met with big down day. If this is a w.4 should end up at .5-.38 retrace, other important support here from prior highs.

Notice the .618:1 relationship between w.1/A and w.3/C..extended 3rd? will 1=5?

or is the whole thing just an A-B-C and party over?

A lot of longer term double tops on many momos.

Don't know so I trade using the CT system ;)

Hank

post-1638-1102514944.gif

MSFT dividend caused the $0.38 cash distribution per QQQQ share factored in today's decline, but still we are down on the trade, as long as we hold through Tuesday this will be received back on account at the end of the year (12-31-04).

CT remains on BUY.

HOM remains on BUY with weakening components.

HI-5 divergence obvious but hasn't turned negative...anything can happen but if we go below the 20 day SMA likely we go to the bottom of the BB.

If no Santa rally this trade will suck out our last profit and 2004 will go down as my second worse trading year ever.

Hope you all did better.

post-1638-1103344322.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Going into the final week of 2004 long QQQQ...

CT remains on BUY.

HOM on buy, but now with strengthening components.

HI-5 also behaving extremely bullish in this consolidation.

CB says if your oscillator is moving much faster than price, watch out this is very bullish. This is exactly what is happening with HI-5. Also the B-line has not had a sharp thrust down that signals oncoming big sell offs, but just a slow wiggle down.

I think we are setting up for a massive January rally.

post-1638-1104098410.gif

Best wishes to all at SToolville for a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2005 :D

Starting 2005 LONG QQQQ. CT remains on BUY

Typical anemic volume this week...indicators always tend to sink before holidays and that is what happened to the HOM as the week progressed, still on buy but now declining.

Still think January could have a nice pop but my finger is on the sell trigger.

Don't like the behavior of the financials at all here in showing no signs of leadership compared to prior advances.

post-1638-1104599995_thumb.jpg

Bernie Schaeffer's 2005 Market Forecast

Bernies still likes gold, energy, and utilities for 2005...

But I was surprised his Stockpicks for 2005 aren't in any of these sectors:

XMSR & SBUX!

Anyway I continue to be "stuck" in a losing trade. CT signal to go long was in a risky pattern and sure enough I got burned...even harder to take as support was broken and it did not signal us out. So anyway 2005 starting off worse than 2004 already for me. Hope all you are doing much better.

Still long QQQQ from 40.40.

Hank

I see that TL giving and we to lower 1500's then stuck in a horrible fairly tight range for the first part of '05...

Should have heeded HI-5 sell signal just before the big dump.

No bullish divergence here to say the bottom of the range is close.

I was completely off on my original January blast theory as the persistant CT long signal led me to believe :angry:

HOM does remain LT buy since election week.

post-1638-1105805618_thumb.jpg

Financials behaving poorly. RS dropped off later in the rally which is not big deal but I expect them to hold ground in the subsequent correction. So far this is not the case at all and they dropped hard compared to the index.

Only things holding up well are energy and medical related stocks.

I think we are in for a lot more chop and rangebound action for the start of this year, yuk. Some leading sectors that kept 2004 up got hit hard including the transports here and if we continue to see more of them "roll" over like the RLX and HGX and CYC, the 4 year cycle has topped out.

Remember tops take time, the larger the degree, the longer they take.

We are in a big w:2 or w:B and its top will take several months.

post-1638-1105818001_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am no longer complaining about my trade loss and now happy I got out when I did and avoided a much more severe loss.

The HOM is still on LT buy but very irratic and weakening.

CT remains in CASH of course.

Here is a longer term view of the financials relative strength to SP. As you can see they remained resilient through the whole 2000-2002 bear and then led the beginning of this current bear market rally but now are starting to break down along with market sell offs and not holding their own. The 200 day MA on relative strength is undeniably rolling over for the first time during this whole bear market.

The 200 day MA on the BKX itself is leveling but not in a downtrend quite yet.

I have a very bad feeling when the bear does return he will take the bankers hostage this time and it will unquestionably be much worse than the first.

Hank

post-1638-1106615339_thumb.jpg

Archived